Back in July, THQ Nordic confirmed that they were indeed working on a remaster for the very first Darksiders game. Called Darksiders: Warmastered Edition, it will feature the following enhancements:
- Native 1080p rendering resolution
- Doubled all the texture resolutions
- Rendering improvements and rework
- Better shadow rendering quality
- Post processing effects
- 30FPS on Wii U
This remaster was originally supposed to come out on October 25th, but it’s pretty clear the game will not make it… especially since many retailers didn’t wait for an official announcement, and have already pushed back the date.
And, today, THQ Nordic finally sent a press release to confirm the delay: Darksiders Warmastered will now be released on November 22nd… on the Nintendo eShop. Indeed, there’s a double delay for the Wii U version:
- the game itself is delayed to November 22nd, like the other versions;
- the physical version on Wii U is also delayed, and will now be releasing at a “later stage”. Unfortunately, THQ Nordic doesn’t even give a release window, and it’s not even guaranteed Darksiders Warmastered Edition will be available at retail on Wii U this year.
Our Upcoming Releases page has been updated!
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Wii U eShop) will come out on November 22nd in Europe and North America. The retail version will follow at a later date.
Source: THQ Nordic PR