Today’s Daily news: Pac-Man 99 stealth-released on Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Rune Factory 5
- Beast Breaker
- Arcade Archives Saboten Bombers
- Geminose: Animal Popstars
Starting today, a new Free 2 Play title is available for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers: Pac-Man 99 (service will kick off on April 8th worldwide, but the game itself is already available for pre-download). The game is free, but just like Tetris 99, there’s also some paid DLC (available for purchase as a bundle or separately):
- DX Pack (3 190 Yen)
- Mode Unlock (1 650 Yen): includes 4 additional modes (including an offline mode) and 8 Pac-Man Arrangement Themes
- Custom Themes (220 Yen each): 20 additional themes
Here’s a trailer and some screenshots for the game:
Rune Factory 5
Starting today, Rune Factory 5 is available for digital pre-order in Japan. There’s two versions available:
- Regular: 7 678 Yen (6 910 Yen until June 7th)
- Digital Deluxe: 8 778 Yen (7 900 Yen until June 7th)
Players who chose to go with the digital version of the game will get the following as bonuses:
- swimsuit outfit for the player character
- a set of items useful at the beginning of the game
The Digital Deluxe edition includes a set of bonus costumes based on characters from Rune Factory 4:
Finally, here’s the latest set of screenshots for the game:
Rune Factory 5 (Switch) comes out on May 20th in Japan. No release date for Europe and North America yet.
Here’s the latest set of screenshots (and some character artworks) for Island:
Island (Switch) comes out on April 8th worldwide.
Vodeo Games have revealed their debut game: Beast Breaker, a turn-based adventure game releasing this Summer in Europe and North America.
Here’s the debut trailer, some details, and some screenshots:
Beast Breaker is a turn-based, mouse-bouncingadventure. You play as a tiny warrior named Skipper, tasked with defending innocents from giant mosaic beasts that threaten to destroy everything. The game combines satisfying pinball physics with tactical decision making. Pick a style of attack, line up the best angle, and launch! Watch Skip careen around the screen and break the giant beasts to pieces. Along the way, you will meet a vibrant cast of characters who will help you craft equipment, master unique new fighting styles, and maybe even discover the origin of the Beasts…
Beast Breaker (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
Source: Vodeo Games
Arcade Archives Saboten Bombers
Hamster have announced that the latest Arcade Archives release on Nintendo Switch is Saboten Bombers. It will be released on April 8th worldwide. As usual, it will cost 6.99€ / £6.29 / $7.99 / 838 Yen, and the Japanese version will offer an English language option.
Arcade Archives Saboten Bombers (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 8th worldwide.
Geminose: Animal Popstars
Majesco Entertainment have announced that Geminose: Animal Popstars will be released on the Nintendo eShop on May 18th in Europe and North America, with a retail release following on June 18th.
Here’s the latest trailer, some more details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
Featuring ten animal musicians from all corners of the world, players will form a band and embark on a global journey to pop stardom. While playing through the game’s 20 original toe-tapping songs, players will also be able to master 30 different instruments. If playing solo isn’t their jam, players can challenge a friend and put their musical skills to the test with the game’s local two-player mode.
Being an international popstar takes both talent and style, and the Geminose have no shortage of either. With hundreds of collectible items, players can dress up their band members however they choose. Styling the Geminose won’t be limited to just ensembles. Players will also be able to decorate each of the Geminose’s rooms in their rockstar mansion. Featuring decór from all of the vibrant cultures the Geminose hail from, players will be able to arrange and interact with every element in the room.
Between globe-trotting touring with the Geminose, players can unwind with a collection of mini-games. Confectionary connoisseurs can test their skills in Cupcake Samurai, slashing through baked goods with practiced precision. Aspiring chefs-de-cuisine can head to the mansion kitchen and cook delicious recipes inspired by each of the Geminose’s cultures.
- Collect 10 animal musicians from around the world and form your hit band
- Over 30 musical instruments to master
- 20 original songs with hundreds of ways to rearrange them
- Attract 45 ultra-cute Mashup super-fans via Geminose dance-offs
- Play through story mode with Nimmy and Smudge managing your chosen band, or choose free play mode for endless hours of fun
- Build and customize your rockstar mansion with hundreds of decorative items to choose from and interact with
- Take your band on a world tour to unlock additional songs, outfits, and decór to deck out your rockstar mansion
- Unlock the mansion kitchen and cook recipes from around the world
- Play a variety of mini-games when on break from your tour
- Challenge your friends in local 2-player mode using full Joy-Con control
Geminose: Animal Popstars (Switch) comes out on the Nintendo eShop on May 18th in Europe and North America, with a retail release following on June 18th in Europe and North America.
Source: Majesco PR
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!