Today’s Daily Briefs: latest episode of Nintendo Minute, but also…
- Warning screens
- Magic Monkey (Arcade)
- SEGA 3D Classics
- Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters
Here’s the latest episode of Nintendo Minute, which isn’t about a game in particular this week again:
Hi, today we’re playing the ‘Would You Rather’ game Nintendo edition! We’ve each written three questions for the other to answer. Hopefully these are impossible choices (muahaha!) We’ll leave the questions here so you can answer them in the comment section. If you have a would you rather scenario, share that with us too! As always, thanks so much for watching and we’ll see you next week!
– Would you rather talk in the Bowser voice and uncontrollably breathe fire when you get irritated or talk like an animal crossing character with the only way to communicate with others being a word text bubble above your head?
– Would you rather never be able to play a Mario game ever again or only be able to play the first hour of every game?
– Would you rather have to wear a Samus helmet for the rest of your life 24/7 or be permanently attached to a Yoshi?
– Would you rather delete your Animal Crossing New Leaf save file and start over or continue with your existing save, but never be able to pull weeds again
– Would you rather live in an alternate reality where Midna doesn’t exist or live in an alternate reality where Isabelle doesn’t exist
– Would you rather Have your cell phone ringer be set as an endless loop of “Hi I’m Daisy” from Mario Kart Double Dash forever or have your cell phone ringer be set as an endless loop of “I’m really feeling it” from Xenoblade Chronicles forever
-Kit & Krysta
While the GameBoy and the GameBoy Color had a pretty similar hardware, some games were only playable on the latter. Naturally, this was due to the games making extensive use of colour, which would be completely unplayable. Therefore, developers had to include warning messages, to tell users trying to play the colour-exclusive games.
The Video Game Museum had posted a collection of all warning messages on their website. Most of them are pretty boring (some of them only feature plain text), but there’s a couple of gems in there (which does show that some developers did care). Click here to check out the collection!
Magic Monkey (Arcade)
Unless you’re a real Arcade game expert, Magic Monkey is not likely a game that’s familiar to you. It was apparently released by Nintendo in 1979, and one of the very first Arcade games in colour. It’s so rare, even finding information about it was mission impossible… until very recently. But last week, a Monkey Magic arcade cabinet found its way on Yahoo Auction.
If you want to learn more about this pretty obscure bit of Nintendo history, click here!
SEGA 3D Classics
Here’s some screenshots for Turbo Outrun and Thunderforce III, which will be included in the SEGA 3D Classics Collection 3, releasing on December 22nd in Japan (on the same day as a special pack including all three collections):
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters
On Friday, Bandai-Namco uploaded the second trailer for Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters, on Nintendo 3DS:
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (3DS) comes out on December 1st in Japan.