After A Robot Named Fight, Morningstar Game Studio are back on Nintendo Switch with another game: C.A.R.L., a “positronic platfomer” created by Andrew Kenady. It will launch on September 29th in Europe and North America, with a special price at launch: $9.99 (regular price: $14.99).
Here’s a trailer for the game:
Inspired by games such as Cave Story, Speedy Eggbert, and Jazz Jackrabbit, C.A.R.L. blends classic platformer action with quirky RPG and story elements. You get to play as C.A.R.L., a small automaton ready to brave perilous factory floors in order to collect Tech Units for his engineer friend. There’s areas and abilities to unlock along the way, but also some defective robots called D.U.M.P. (Depot of Unusable Machines & Parts) to befriend!
Here’s some additional details, the list of key features, and lots of screenshots:
Created by Andrew Kenady, C.A.R.L. (Computer Automated Resource Locator) blends classic platformer action with quirky RPG and story elements for a lively quest across tech. Get in the shiny metal shoes of C.A.R.L. – a small but daring automaton lost within the sprawling Kent Industries. Brave each perilous factory floor to collect Tech Units for his engineer friend – unlocking new areas and abilities along the way. Befriend defective robots in the D.U.M.P. (Depot of Unusable Machines & Parts) and gather items to bring the facility’s sinister secrets to light!
- Classic 2D Platformer Gameplay: Hop, skip, and jump your way through clever gauntlets of platforming perfection!
- Challenging Puzzles: Doors! Switches! Levers! Things that go on and off! We’ve got ’em all.
- Tons of Secrets: Once you’ve upgraded your abilities, return to completed levels to find secret areas, hidden collectibles, and Easter eggs!
- Charming Narrative & Characters: Meet the residents of the D.U.M.P. and lean on them to help you on your quest! C.A.R.L. will need all the help he can get to uncover the secrets and inner workings of the facility.
- Original ‘Electro-Chiptune’ Soundtrack: Featuring 8-bit, DOS-era sound chip-inspired tracks that energize every step of C.A.R.L.’s journey.
C.A.R.L. (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 29th in Europe and North America.
Source: Morningstar Game Studio PR