On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various updates for Broforce on Nintendo Switch (originally released on September 6th 2018 in North America, Europe, and Japan)
Click here for more Software updates!
Broforce – Ver. ??? (Broforce Forever)
- Release date: August 8th 2023 (North America, Europe) / August 9th 2023 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available. This update brings the following to the game:
- adds an improved and expanded campaign with new unlocks
- A Bro only becomes a force when confronted with those who seek to destroy their freedoms, and in Broforce Forever, the terrorists are even more determined to delete democracy. Motorbike Maniacs will try to run you down or explode in ways that can really ruin your day. Don’t let them. Ammunition-obsessed baddies now also have access to extremely large machine gun placements that will fire volleys of bullets at you and your fellow Bros, while aviation enthusiasts transport troops and fire bazookas from on high in their liberty-shunning new blimps. Nobody shuns liberty, bro. Finally, urban terror has been greatly improved with barbed wire and sandbags strewn throughout cities, making liberation trickier… but not impossible.
- adds six new ultra-patriotic bros
- Seth Brondle
- Harness the calculating intelligence and acid-spitting allure of Broforce Forever’s biggest bug yet. Climb on ceilings and utilize explosive teleportation as you swat evildoers like flies.
- Use your formidable fighting and flying Chakram skills to help those who are unable to defend themselves. Strike fear into the hearts of terrorism with your war cry, then cut them up real good with your sword.
- Harness the power of music to enchant evil before blowing it away with dual-sawed-off shotguns. Every man deserves one last chance to dance before he dies.
- Broffy the Vampire Slayer
- Become the thing monsters have nightmares about, a stake-throwing, unholy monster purging, self-resurrecting teenage Slayer.
- Bro Gummer
- Embrace freedom in the most patriotic way possible: OVERKILL. Snipe your way around the world vanquishing evil with pinpoint accuracy, or just get back to basics and ram dynamite down its throat.
- Demolition Bro
- Send a maniac to catch a maniac. With his Bouncing Bomberman Bomb and Freeze Grenade, this Bro is ready to put evildoers right back where they belong… ON ICE.
- adds four new democracy-spreading challenge levels
- Bros in search of even bigger battles can flex their muscles in new challenge levels known as Muscle Temples. Each campaign tasks Indiana Brones with navigating a perilous temple that features a new Threat Level and specific enemy types and hazards. Succeed and unlock one of four new flexes that can be deployed by any Bro, any time, any place. Just like freedom.
- Threat Level Pumped Iron
- Snake Level – No Snakes
- Unlock – Teleport Flex Unlocked
- Threat Level-Self Tan
- Snake Level – Some Snakes
- Unlock – Invincible Flex
- Threat Level Cocoa Butter
- Snake Level – More Snakes
- Unlock – Air Jump Flex
- Threat Level Bronzed
- Snake Level – All The Snakes
- Unlock – Golden Flex
- provides bug fixes
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Devolver Digital PR (28/07/2023)
How to download updates for Broforce for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Broforce, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.