As you probably already know if you’ve checked this post, Fire Emblem Warriors will be showcased in Famitsu magazine this week. That means we’re finally going to get the first proper details for the game since the reveal, back in January. And thanks to the usual leaks, we already have some of the details from the article!
First, here’s some details about the characters:
- Shion / Zion (voiced by Yuma Uchida): the male protagonist and an original character. Lian / Rian’s twin-brother. He uses a sword and a shield;
- Lian / Rian (voiced by: Maaya Uchida): the female protagonist and an original character. Shion / Zion’s twin-brother. She also uses a sword and a shield;
- Darios (voiced by Takuya Satou): an original character;
- Yuana (voiced by Yuka Nagayoshi): an original character;
- Marth (voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa), from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light;
- Chrom (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita), from Fire Emblem Awakening.
(Make sure to regularly check out this post for the full list of confirmed characters!)
In the interview, the developers reveal that development of Fire Emblem Warriors began even before Famitsu held their survey (about which series fans would like to see get a Musou / Warriors collaborations). The very first thing they settled on was to make a Warriors game that would be fun for fans of the Fire Emblem series.
Several elements the Fire Emblem series is known for are in, such the weapon triangle system, the classes, and more. The various classes keep their “attributes”, such as:
- attacking a Pegasus Knight with an Archer will allow you to deal more damage;
- units that fight while riding a horse, such as Cavaliers, also do the same in Fire Emblem Warriors. Those units are focused on mobility.
The game is said to have a massive script, and full voice acting. As you can imagine, Intelligent Systems is supervising development, and especially the characters.
Regarding the characters, they will be mainly from three entries:
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (the first entry in the series, and more precisely the Nintendo DS remake)
- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Fire Emblem Fates
While the game is technically a Fire Emblem cross-over, it will not feature characters from all the Fire Emblem games in the series. The main reason the team decided to focus on the aforementionned entries is not quite because they’re the most recent and/or well-known, it’s because they didn’t want all the characters to be sword users.
Of course, that doesn’t mean the characters will only be from those three entries, just that the (vast) majority of them will be. Fret not, Wrys fans: the gentle elderly healer has a shot of getting in!
In Fire Emblem Warriors, you will be able to switch characters during battle (just like in Hyrule Warriors Legends on Nintendo 3DS). Therefore, players will be able to play with various characters and weapons during a given mission/battle. Considering archers and mages will be playable, gameplay promises to be quite varied!
Unfortunately, the developers can’t really talk about the story and the world just yet, but they did share a few tidbits. A mysterious “Shield of Fire” is one of the key elements, and it apparently appeared from beyond space and time. As for what that means, we will have to wait a bit before finding out!
Fire Emblem Warriors will feature something called “Bond Talks”, which seem to be the equivalent of the infamous support conversations. There’s quite a lot of dialogues in the game, with both light-hearted and serious conversations.
Unfortunately, there’s no marriage system, and therefore, no children either (which is no big surprise). The various characters can strengthen their bonds with each other, but it will never evolve into a romantic relationship.
Finally, Famitsu reports that development is currently 70% complete.
Here’s some screenshots:
Source: Famitsu / Famitsu
Via: Hachima Kikou