During the latest Nintendo Direct presentation, last month, Nintendo announced that The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes would get a major update on December 3rd (December 2nd in North America). It will add a brand new area called the Den of Trials, which features 30 stages. 2 new costumes will also be added: Fierce Deity Mail and Linebeck’s uniform. Click here for some screenshots!
This update will come after some server maintenance, which will start a few minutes before it’s released. Here’s the time for this maintenance, which will impact all online services for the game:
- Europe: 1.50AM to 3AM on Thursday, December 3rd
- UK: 12.50AM to 2AM on Thursday, December 3rd
- North America (ET): 7.50PM to 9PM on Wednesday, December 2nd
- North America (PT): 4.50PM to 6PM on Wednesday, December 2nd
- Japan: 9.50AM to 11AM on Thursday, December 3rd
Here’s the official changelog for Ver. 2.0.0 of The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, now in English:
- Den of Trials will be added.
Over 30 stages will be unlocked in the Den of Trials (each one goes progressively deeper underground).
- 2 new outfits will be added.
These will be unlocked after clearing certain requirements in the game.
- A new method for obtaining Friendly Tokens will be added.
Friendly Tokens can be obtained from the street vendor after Princess Styla’s curse has been lifted.
- Miiverse stamps will be added.
- Players with similar styles of play will be matched up (teamed up) more frequently during online play.
Users will be matched up with other players based on their answers to a series of questions prior to being matched up.
- Users will be able to add other users to their blacklist if they exit the game through the pause menu during the game.
After their teammate exits the game, users will be able to add them to their blacklist by tapping the teammate’s Hero Panel and pressing the A (or B) button before saving the game.
- Adjustments will also be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
To download this update, you will have three options:
- launch The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes from the Home Menu, while being connected to the internet
- go to the Nintendo eShop and search for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
- use the option in the Nintendo eShop settings page
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply launch the game and you should see this in the top right corner of the top screen: