On November 14th 2017, the official website of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was updated in Japan, adding a new section: Production Notes. It’s a blog-like section, where members of the development team will come discuss various aspects of the game.
- Production Notes #1: Drivers and Blades
- Production Notes #2: Script
- Production Notes #3: Character Design (Part 1)
- Production Notes #4: Music
- Production Notes #5: Introduction to Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Production Notes #6 (Ver. 1.1.1 update)
- Production Notes #7 (Pyra figure)
- Production Notes #8 (Issue with “disappearing Blades” in Ver. 1.2.0)
- Production Notes #9 (Ver. 1.3.0 and New Game+)
- Production Notes #10: Original Soundtrack
- Production Notes #11: Issues with Ver. 1.3.0, to be fixed in Ver. 1.3.1
- Production Notes #12: Ver. 1.4.0 and first two additional Rare Blades dated
- Production Notes #13: More details about Challenge Battle Mode
- Production Notes #14: Torna ~The Golden Country
- Production Notes #15: Issue with some Quests after updating to Ver. 1.5.2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Production Notes #16: Bonus Items to celebrate the release of Torna ~ The Golden Country
The release of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country is drawing near: it’s this Friday for owners of the Expansion Pass, and next week (September 21st) for the stand-alone release at retail. To celebrate, Monolith Soft. has decided to give some bonus items to all players, to be used in the main game (not the Story Expansion).
Here’s the various items you will be able to get:
- Legendary Core Crystal x15
- Pouch items:
- Char-Grilled Grumbirds x3
- Crispy Blendshake x3
- Clicky-Clacks x3
The best part? All players will get those bonus items, even those who did not purchase the Expansion Pass. That’s why getting them will be slightly different than usual. Also, there’s actually a time limit: you have to follow the conditions below before September 30th, or you will not be eligible for the gift.
In order to receive the gift, you have to do the following:
- redeem your points on My Nintendo. If you bought the game on the Nintendo eShop, you have nothing to do: your points are added to your account automatically. If you bought the game at retail, you have to redeem the points manually. If you haven’t done so already, select Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Home Menu, then press + or – to access the Options screen. Select “My Nintendo Rewards Programme”, and click on “Earn Points”
- make sure your Nintendo Account is set to receive emails from Nintendo. If you have activated them, head over to the Nintendo Account website, then go to Other Settings > Emails from Nintendo, and make sure “Recommendations about games, events, special offers, and more” is set to “Yes”.
If you’re eligible, you will receive an email from September 14th onward. Inside, you will find a Download Code, that you will (presumably) need to enter on the Nintendo eShop.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (Switch) comes out on September 14th worldwide for owners for the Expansion Pass, and September 21st worldwide at retail.