Super Mario Party announced for the Nintendo Switch, out on October 5th
During the Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 presentation, several brand new games were announced for the Nintendo Switch, and one of them is none other than the latest entry in the long-running Mario Party series. It’s called Super Mario Party, and it will be released on October 5th worldwide.
For this new entry, Nintendo promises no less than a “complete refresh” of the Mario Party, and some “super-charged fun”. The game now features deeper strategic elements, like specific Dice Blocks for each characters.
Naturally, since the game is releasing on Nintendo Switch, it also introduces some new ways to play, with mini-games making use of the Joy-Con and some new game modes. For example, you can pair up two Nintendo Switch for Toad’s Rec Room mode (see the trailer below)
Also, Super Mario Party goes back to the basics: no more vehicles, all players now take turn to race across the board in search Stars.
Here’s the debut trailer for Super Mario Party:
And here’s the list of key features, as well as some screenshots:
- A variety of modes, including:
- Mario Party
- Enjoy the original Mario Party board game experience with new elements like character dice blocks, a party system, and new boards to explore
- Toad’s Rec Room
- A dynamic new play style that pairs up two Nintendo Switch systems for Tabletop mode
- Go head-to-head in 80 new minigames with many ways to play
- Fast and fun skill-based mini-games that use the Joy-Con controllers in all sorts of different ways
Super Mario Party (Switch) comes out on October 5th worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!