PQube has been announcing new games for the Nintendo Switch on a rather regular basis, and the latest one is none other than STAY. It’s a pixel-art thriller/escape adventure game developed by Appnormals Team, that will be released this Summer on the Nintendo eShop.
Here’s the debut trailer:
STAY tells the story of Quinn, a therapist who wakes up along, locked in a strange room. There’s literally nothing in that room: just a computer connected to the internet, and more precisely a chat room. What’s more, the only other member in that chatroom is none other than… you, the player.
That’s right: you don’t directly control to Quinn. You have to help him escape by making suggestions in real time. Those very suggestions could either guide him to safety, or cause his untimely death. It’s a unique game that lets you have the fate of a complete stranger in your hands, with every second that could be the difference between life and death.
Finally, here’s the list of key features:
- Real-time play – the clock never stops. STAY plays out in real-time, meaning that every minute spent away from the game is a minute Quinn is left alone. Drop out of conversations or leave Quinn to fend for himself for too long and there may be consequences to your actions.
- Raise your empathy. Quinn is on edge, and every response matters. Prove yourself a compassionate ally and he’ll learn to trust you and share both his findings and deepest thoughts. Fail, and his emotions may work against you.
- Interactive storytelling. Featuring 24 chapters, seven different endings, dozens of life-altering choices and entire webs of conversation, STAY is designed to be replayed multiple times. Explore myriad rooms and unearth hidden secrets in subsequent playthroughs to piece together the full story.
- Uncover the truth. Webcams around the environment and on the computer enable you to watch and analyse Quinn’s reactions, mental state and actions while he is Away From Keyboard. Pick up on his lies, use that knowledge to your advantage and uncover the truth at the heart of STAY.
- Solve mind-bending puzzles. Help Quinn get the better of the conundrums he encounters inside his prison by taking direct control of his actions during numerous puzzle sections.
STAY (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.