On Tuesday, Atlus opened the full website for Shin Megami Tensei IV Final, coming out on February 10th in Japan. Most of the info to be found there was already known (via Famitsu magazine), but there’s some new tidbits in there. One of them involves the various bonuses you can unlock if you already played Shin Megami Tensei IV.
If you have a save data file for Shin Megami Tensei IV, you can get various bonuses in Shin Megami Tensei IV Final. Some of them even depends on the number of times you beat the game, or which routes you picked:
- Hero’s Piercings X 1 (Equipment)
- Gold Death Mask X 2 (you can sell them to earn some money)
- Magic Tome (Thick) (gives you XP): you get a tome for each time you beat Shin Megami Tensei IV. For example, if you beat it three times (to get the three routes), you will get three Magic Tomes.
- Exclusive background for your DDS Card (that you can share with other players via StreetPass)
- Exclusive Title for your DDS Card. The title you get depends on the route you completed in Shin Megami Tensei IV
- more bonuses
Next, here’s a video showing various backgrounds, from the official website:
Finally, some good news for fans looking forward to more gameplay footage. On Monday, Shin Megami Tensei IV Final will be showcased during the Seganama web show on NicoNico. Kazuyuki Yamai (the Producer) will be there to talk about the game, but also show some exploration, some battles, and even one of the new bosses (Sukunahikona).
The livestream will take place on NicoNico on Monday, November 30th, at:
- Japan: 8.55PM
- Europe: 12.55PM
- UK: 11.55PM
- North America (ET): 6.55PM
- North America (PT): 3.55PM
Finally, here’s some screencaps from the official website (warning: some of the pics are pretty big!):
As a bonus, here’s various screenshots from the official Twitter account:
Shin Megami Tensei IV Final (3DS) comes out on February 10th in Japan.
Thanks Ash for the help with translation!