On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for SDK Spriter (originally released on August 29th, 2016 in Europe, and on December 15th, 2016 in North America).
NB: since this page was created on April 6th, 2017, we’re only listing updates released from that date onwards.
How to download updates for SDK Spriter for the Wii U?
To download Software updates for SDK Spriter, you have two options:
- let the Wii U do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated. You should have the latest version installed the next time you turn on your Wii U;
- if not, you can launch SDK Spriter from the Home Menu (important: not the Quick Start Menu!), while being connected to the internet, in order to trigger the download manually. Just wait a few minutes, and the update will be downloaded and installed.
SDK Spriter – Ver. 1.2
- Release date: April 4th (North America) / May 12th (Europe)
File size: ???MB
- Replace walking sprites on title screen with user-generated ones.
- In-game quick reference guides.
- Add a border-checking paint bucket tool to Sprites/Tiles modes.
- Add flood fill to Sprites mode.
- Show a transparent overlay of the zoom window above the thumbnail in Sprites/Tiles modes.
- Provide a way to toggle the grid on/off in Sprites/Tiles modes.
- Export scaled maps to Miiverse andsdkspriter.com as 1024×1024 PNG.
- Zoom in/out Overworld levels * Play hide-and-seek in Overworld levels.
- Use additional controllers (including NES Classic Controller) in Overworld/Terrain levels.
- Touchscreen interaction for Dungeon Master levels
- Improve indication of the null tile in Tiles mode.
- Add compositing options for pasting clipboard in Sprites/Tiles mode.
- Store the clipboard across loads of the Sprites/Tiles modes for copy-and paste.
- Additional details:
New Paste Details Explained:
- “Over” pastes it on top of existing art (same as currently).
- “Under” pastes it beneath current art.
- “Replace” wipes the canvas and pastes.
- “Inner Merge” combines opaque parts of both and only pastes on top where both are opaque.
- “Outer Merge” compares opaque parts of both and pastes where they are both NOT opaque.”Inner”/”Outer” both wipe the canvas before pasting.
NB: You can also copy and paste between tiles and sprites, and the clipboard saves between loads of Spriter making transfer of assets between your various files easy.
- Additional notes: the update is now available in Europe and North America.
- Official website: Randy Freer (Miiverse)
Click here for more Software updates!