R.B.I. Baseball 18 announced for the Nintendo Switch
Back in September, the very first baseball game on Nintendo Switch was released: R.B.I. Baseball 17. It was the very first time in 22 years that the series was releasing on a Nintendo platform, and the good news is, it won’t be another 22 years until the next one is! Last week, it was announced that R.B.I. Baseball 18 would be releasing on Nintendo Switch in March, alongside the other platforms (no late port this time around).
Here’s a teaser trailer (that doesn’t show one second of gameplay, unfortunately):
Here’s the list of features for this 2018 version of the baseball game (developed in-house at the MLB, for the very first time):
- Franchise Mode: Take control of your favorite MLB team! Make trades, pick up free agents or call up rookies through multiple seasons.
- Brand New Home Run Derby Mode: Challenge a friend or the CPU in the ultimate slugfest!
- Better Ballparks: Experience enhanced lighting, textures, revamped 3-D crowd system and new dynamic camera angles in all 30 MLB ballparks.
- Authentic MLB Players: Completely redesigned player models including over 300 digitally modeled likenesses and hundreds of new animations.
- MLB Legends: Play as the greats with over 100 historic players.
- Roster Updates: Get the latest rosters throughout the 2018 season and use the new Import Rosters feature to keep your in-progress Franchise current without starting over!
R.B.I. Baseball ’18 will feature Francisco Lindor (Cleveland Indians All-Star shortstop) on the cover:
Finally, here’s a few screenshots for the game (not from the Nintendo Switch version):
R.B.I Baseball ’18 (Switch) comes out in March in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: official website