Today’s Pokémon news: latest Pokémon GO news, but also…
- Pokkén Tournament DX
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – Battle Competition
- Pokémon Duel
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Anime
- Pokémon Championships
- Satoshi Tajiri
- Pokémon music video
- Pokémon merchandise
Recently, Niantic made a change regarding the AR+ feature. Now, whenever you’re taking a picture, the Pokémon will never flee when you get close, allowing you to take some nice shots of your favourite Pokémon.
Also, you can now get additional storage space for your bag, allowing you to store up to 2 000 items. Unfortunately, those extension still need to be bought using Coins!
Pokkén Tournament DX
Today, the latest Official Group Match for Pokkén Tournament DX went live. Here’s all you need to know about it:
- Name: Infinite Eclipse
- Type: Basic Battle, Fixed Battle Arena
- Runs from May 18th to May 21st
- Time: 3AM PT to 7PM PT / 6AM ET to 10PM ET / 5AM GMT to 9PM GMT / 6AM CET to 10AM CET / 6AM JST to 10PM JST
- Participation prize: Infinite Eclipse (title)
- Ranking Prizes:
- Places 1 to 10 – Chrom League Master
- Places 11 to 30 – Red League Master
- Places 31 to 60 – Blue League Master
- Places 61 to 100 – Green League Master
You can find more details about the various Official Group Matches for Pokkén Tournament DX on this page!
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – Battle Competition
Yesterday, registrations for the latest Battle Competition for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon went live. It’s called the Ultra No Holds Barred, and here’s all you need to know about it:
- Pokémon allowed: all Pokémon from the National Pokédex (including those brought via Poké Transporter);
- Pokémon banned: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo, and Lunala;
- Battles: Single Battles, Team of 6 Pokémon and 3 sent to battle;
- Level: 100;
- Items: all allowed, including duplicates;
- Participation prize: 50 Battle Points (need to battle at least once);
- Registration: May 17th to May 24th;
- Battles: May 25th to May 27th;
- Results announced sometime in June.
Source: Pokémon Global Link
Today, the latest Queen’s Cup event went live. Once again, you have to compete against other players in order to earn a high score… and some nice rewards! This time around, you can get your hands on a rare Shiny Rayquaza figure! The event runs until May 22nd.
You can find more details about the various events for Pokémon Duel on this page!
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Anime
Here’s the preview for the next episode of the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime series, airing on May 24th in Japan:
Heads up for competitive Pokémon players: registrations for the 2018 North America International Championships (taking place from July 6th to July 8th in Columbus, Ohio) are now open. Check out this page for more details and links to register!
Satoshi Tajiri is a name you may not be familiar with, even though you really should if you’re reading this: he’s the one who created the Pokémon series after all! And today, a manga about his life, and the creation of Pokémon, was released in Japan.
In this manga, we get to see some never-before-seen picture of early Pokémon designs, including some that never made it into the final game:
Pokémon music video
Here’s the latest Pokémon music video from The Pokémon Company in Japan:
Earlier this week, yet another set of LINE stickers went on sale: you grab them from the LINE Store, in the app itself. Here’s what the stickers look like:
Source: The Pokémon Company (Twitter)
Here’s pictures of two new Pikachu plushies from Japan:
Source: The Pokémon Company