Today’s Pokémon news: end dates for the latest Wild Areas events in Pokémon Sword and Shield, but also…
- Pokémon The Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon merchandise
- Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Pokémon Sword and Shield
The Pokémon Company have announed the end date for the Wild Areas events currently running in Pokémon Sword and Shield (that debuted on January 9th):
- Gigamax Alcremie: January 31st
- all other Gigamax Pokémon: February 7th
As usual, you can find details about the various Wild Areas events for Pokémon Sword and Shield on this page!
Source: The Pokémon Company (Twitter)
Pokémon The Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution
The Pokémon Company have announced that Pokémon The Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution is headed to Netflix on February 27th. It will be available worldwide, minus Japan and South Korea.
Here’s a trailer and the synopsis of the movie, which is a reimagining of the very first Pokémon movie (in 3DCG):
In Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution, researchers discover and exploit a fossil of the Mythical Pokémon Mew, unleashing a creation that goes against the very laws of nature: Mewtwo, a Legendary Pokémon intended for use as a tool of destruction. But as Mewtwo becomes aware of its own dubious origin, it begins to resent its human creators and seeks revenge—and Ash, Pikachu, and their friends find themselves at the center of its rampage!
Pokémon The Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution comes to Netflix on February 27th worldwide.
Source: The Pokémon Company
Niantic have announced the latest events for Pokémon GO, celebrating the Year of the Rat:
Lunar New Year Event
- Date: Friday, January 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, February 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Features and Bonuses:
- Certain red Pokémon will be featured. Charmeleon, Vulpix, Parasect, Voltorb, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Slugma, Wurmple, Corphish, Kricketot, and Foongus will appear more frequently in the wild!
- Gyashaa! If you’re lucky, you might spot a Gyarados in the wild. Will you be lucky enough to encounter the coveted red Shiny Gyarados?
- Darumaka will hatch from 7 km Eggs. Some red Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs, such as Shuckle and Foongus. Making its Pokémon GO debut will be Darumaka, the Zen Charm Pokémon!
- Gifts will have a chance of rewarding you with Rare Candies, so be sure to send and open lots of Gifts with your friends.
- Be sure to trade more often with your friends—the likelihood of becoming Lucky Friends will be increased.
- When you trade a Pokémon, there will be an increased chance it will become a Lucky Pokémon.
Minccino Limited Research
- Date: Sunday, February 2, 2020, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Field Research: Minccino Limited Research tasks will allow you to encounter Minccino.
- Pokémon that fit the theme of the Year of the Rat will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Look out for Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Sentret, Marill, Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Bidoof, and Patrat.
- Minccino in 5 km Eggs: Minccino will be hatching more frequently from 5 km Eggs. After the event ends, Minccino will continue to be available in 5 km Eggs.
- Shiny Minccino will be available! If you’re lucky, you might encounter one!
Here’s pictures of official Pokémon x Adidas apparel, now available in Japan:
Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Here’s the preview for the next episode of Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!, airing this Sunday (January 26th) in Japan: