Today’s Pokémon news: video clips and special event for Pokémon Sword and Shield, but also…
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Masters
- Pokémon Sun and Moon (anime)
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Here’s a couple of video clips for Pokémon Sword and Shield, sharing some additional facts about the game:
Galar Visitors Center
Nintendo have announced a series of special events promoting Pokémon Sword and Shield in the United States, called Galar Visitors Center. They’re basically pop-up tourism centers, where visitors can enjoy the following activities:
- take your Galar region passport photo
- speak with “tour guides” to learn more about regional activities and charactersreceive special themed items
- and more…
Check out this page for more details about those events, including when and where they will take place!
Pokémon Sword and Shield (Switch) comes out on November 15th worldwide.
Ultra Bonus and Jirachi
Niantic have shared some more details about the 3 weeks of the Ultra Bonus (unlocked via the Global Challenge):
Week 1: Johto Journey
- When: September 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. to September 9, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- If you’re extraordinarily lucky, you might hatch Unown forms U, L, T, R, and A from 10 km Eggs.
- Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will return to raids, along with other Johto Pokémon.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Sentret and Shiny Gligar!
- Bonuses: 2× Incubator effectiveness
Week 2: Global Challenge, Global Hatches
- When: September 9, 2019, at 1 p.m. to September 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Regional Pokémon Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Tauros will hatch from 7 km Eggs. If you’re lucky, you might hatch Shiny ones! These Pokémon will remain available from Eggs until the end of week 3—September 23, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- All Deoxys forms will make their first appearances outside EX Raids.
- Need a good team to take on Deoxys? Other Pokémon appearing in raids will help you build a good team to challenge the DNA Pokémon.
- Bonuses: 2× Incubator effectiveness
Week 3: A Unova Unveiling
- When: September 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. to September 23, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Mewtwo with the special move Psystrike will be available to challenge in five-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Mewtwo!
- Need a good team to take on Mewtwo? Other Pokémon appearing in raids will help you build a good team to challenge the Genetic Pokémon.
- The Gear Pokémon Klink, originally discovered in Unova, will also appear in raids. You might even encounter a Shiny Klink!
- You may also find Shiny Patrat and Shiny Lillipup!
- Bonus: 2× Incubator effectiveness
Also, Jirachi is now available for all players, via Special Research tasks. If you already got it via the Pokémon GO Fest Special Research, then completing the tasks will net you candy instead. Anyone completing the tasks will also get a Jirachi t-shirt as special reward!
Niantic have announced when the remaining Community Day events for 2019 will take place:
- October 12 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
- November 16 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
- December 14–15 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time both days
Safari Zone – Taipei
A new Safari Zone event has been announced: it will take place from October 3rd to October 6th (10AM to 5PM) at the New Taipei Metropolitant Park and over 60 tourist attractions, in New Taipei City.
This event will feature the following:
- Scyther, Combee spawns
- many Water, Bug, and Grass-type Pokémon spawns
Unlike other similar events, no ticket will be required to attend this Safari Zone event.
To celebrate gamescom (which runs until August 24th), a special event is currently running. To be more precise, there is an increase in Team GO Rocket takeovers of PokéStops, allowing you to catch Shadow Pokémon.
Here’s the latest set of pictures for Pokémon Masters:
Pokémon Masters (Android, iOS) comes out this Summer worldwide.
Pokémon Sun and Moon (anime)
Here’s the latest video clip for the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime series: