Update: we just added the overview trailer for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, and more details about the European distribution for Mew!
Today, The Pokémon Company updated the official website for Mei Tantei Pikachu ~Shin Konbi Tanjou~ (lit. Detective Pikachu ~The Birth of a Duo~), and provided us with plenty of details and screenshots for the game.
First, we have some details about the characters:
- Detective Pikachu: he likes coffee, and asks Tim to invite pretty women over for tea. The problem is: he’s quite weak around pretty women. He can talk like a human being, but he’s actually quite slow, and cannot use any moves like a regular Pikachu;
- Mike Baker: head of the Detective Agency;
- Amanda Blackstone: the office assistant;
- Amelia Kristi: the new Assistant Director at a TV station;
- Meiko Okamoto: a TV Director;
- Pablo Milan: the owner of the High Hat Café.
Next, we have some details about the gameplay. You get to play as Tim as he goes around Rhyme City interviewing people and looking for evidence. Naturally, Tim talks to humans, while Pikachu is the one dealing with Pokémon. Once you’ve found a place to investigate, you can search for evidence using a magnifying glass.
Sometimes, Pikachu will find something on his own: you will be able to see on the bottom screen when he has (a bubble will appear above his head). If you tap the screen, you will get some clues or advice from Pikachu.
Mei Tantei Pikachu ~Shin Konbi Tanjou~ will have QTE, but if you fail them, it will not have any impact on your progression in the game. What it does is change the outcome of certain scenes, as you can see on the screenshots below.
Finally, here’s some more screenshots for the game:
Mei Tantei Pikachu ~Shin Konbi Tanjou~ (3DS eShop) comes out on Wednesday in Japan.
A few days ago, The Pokémon Company revealed some of its plans for the 20th Anniversary of the Pokémon series. One of the events is a distribution of Mythical Pokémon, throughout the year. The first one is Mew, in February.
Today, details for the distribution was announced for several more European countries:
- Belgium: serial code at GameMania, from February 1st to February 24th
- Netherlands: serial code at GameMania, from February 1st to February 24th
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Here’s the overview trailer for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, coming out on February 19th in Europe:
Today, battling for the 2016 International Chalenge – January started. Click here for more details!
Also, a new battle competition was announced today: the Kanto Classic. Here’s the rules:
- Single Battle
- Classic rules
- Pokémon allows: 151 original Pokémon (exclusing Mew and Mewtwo). You can only use 6 Pokémon.
- You cannot use items on your Pokémon
- Registration: from February 25th to March 5th
- Battles: from March 4th to March 6th
All participants will get a special Dragonite, which is Level 62. It’s Ability is Inner Focus, and knows Agility, Slam, Barrier, and Hyper Beam. It will be the first time a Dragonite with Barrier will be available legitimately.