Today’s Nintendo news: official adjustable charging stand for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Splatoon 2
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion
- First 4 Figures
- Nintendo Minute
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Nintendo Switch: adjustable charging stand
Last week, Nintendo announced an official adjustable charging stand for the Nintendo Switch. As the name implies, the stand is adjustable, which is pretty useful when you want to get a good viewing angle when playing with friends in different envrionments. The stands has an AC port on the side, allowing you to keep playing without having to worry about the battery life.
This adjustable charging stand for the Nintendo Switch will be released on July 13th in Japan and North America, and will cost $19.99 / 1 680 Yen + taxes. Nothing has been announced for Europe yet, but it’s quite likely the accessory will also be released on July 13th in that region (this does not seem to be a random release date!).
Here’s some pictures of the adjustable charging stand:
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Over the past few days, Nintendo shared a few more videos for Splatoon 2, and more precisely the upcoming Octo Expansion. We get to see a level called “Stamped-Up Station”, but also one where the players has to play with the Inkjet, and another where you have to roll your way around with the Baller!
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion (Switch) comes out this Summer worldwide.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion
A few months ago in Japan, Nintendo Dream released an official artbook for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, called “The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Master Works”. And that very artbook will actually get an English release, courtesy of Dark Horse Books.
According to an early listing on Amazon, it will be released in November (on November 20th, to be precise), and will cost $39.99. Here’s the official description for the book (that does cover contents from the 2 DLC Packs):
This book features nearly fifty pages of sketches and official illustrations from Takumi Wada, two-hundred and ninety-six pages of design artwork and commentary about the making of the game from the creators, a fifty-five-page historical section that divulges the history of Hyrule as it is known in-game, and interviews with key members of the development team–Hidemaro Fujibayashi, Satoru Takizawa, Takumi Wada, and Eiji Aonuma. Witness the making of a champion!
If you’re interested, you can place a pre-order over at Amazon (NB: affiliate link)!
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
First 4 Figures
Here’s a couple of videos for the True Form Midna Resin Statue from First 4 Figures, which is now available for pre-purchase from the official First 4 Figures store:
Here’s the latest Nintendo Minute episode, which is about Sushi Striker: The way of Sushido:
Hi, doing something very fun and different today! We’re playing multiplayer mode in Sushi Striker: Way of the Sushido but that made us very hungry so we’re also making a Nintendo Minute sushi roll. The game comes out on June 8 and the roll comes out whenever you feel like making it.
Nintendo Minute Sushi Roll Recipe Ingredients/Materials
- One cut of sashimi grade salmon (sake)
- One sheet of sushi seaweed (nori)
- One ripe avocado (you may only need half depending on how many rolls you’re making)
- Roughly two teaspoons of Yuzu pepper sauce (season to your liking)
- One cup of sushi rice
- Three tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt (season to your liking)
- One sushi rolling mat covered in plastic wrap
- A sharp knife for slicing the sushi roll
- Cook sushi rice according the instructions on the package and season with rice wine vinegar and salt.
- Set aside and let it cool to room temperature Slice sashimi grade salmon and avocado into thin slices
- Lay down a sheet of seaweed on the sushi rolling mat
- Spread a thin layer of rice on half of the seaweed and lay your salmon and avocado in a row in the middle of your layer of rice
- Season with yuzu pepper sauce. If you can’t find this sauce, you can substitute with lime juice and hot sauce of your choice
- Roll, roll, roll Slice sushi into bite size pieces and ENJOY!
We hope this video made you very hungry because we’re hungry. As always, thanks so much for watching and we’ll see you next week!
-Kit & Krysta
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (Switch, 3DS) comes out on June 8th worldwide.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Here’s the recording of the segment dedicated to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze from the latest episode of Denjin Getcha: