Nintendo news (Feb. 13) – Splatoon 2: Inkopolive recording / Famitsu / Nintendo Switch
Today’s Nintendo news: recording of the “Inkopolive” live performance for Splatoon 2 at the Game Party Japan 2018, but also…
- Famitsu previews
- Nintendo Switch
- The Legend of Zelda
- Fire Emblem Warriors
Last week, at the Game Party Japan 2018, the latest live performance for the Splatoon series took place. It featured Pearl and Marina (Off The Hook) from Splatoon 2, but also Marie and Callie (the Squid Sisters) from Splatoon. If you missed the live performance, or if you want to watch it again, Nintendo has uploaded an official recording on YouTube!
Here it is:
This most likely isn’t going to be the last live performance for Off the Hook (and the Squid Sisters), and it’s highly likely there will also be one at the NicoNico Choukaigi in April. Unfortunately, nothing has been announced so far…
This week, the following Nintendo games will be featured in Famitsu magazine:
- Kirby Star Allies (Nintendo Switch, out on March 16th worldwide);
- Nintendo Labo (Nintendo Switch, out on April 20th in Japan and North America, and April 27th in Europe)
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Nintendo Switch, out on March 22nd in Japan and this Spring in Europe and North America)
The latest issue of Famitsu magazine will be released on Thursday in Japan (Wednesday morning/afternoon for Europe and North America).
Here’s the latest commercial for the Nintendo Switch:
The Legend of Zelda
Last week, Merchoid started taking pre-orders for a “Green Goddess Satin Robe”… basically, a pretty stylish nightdress with a design inspired by the Legend of Zelda series. It costs 34.99€, and you can pre-order yours by clicking here!
Here’s some pictures, as well as the official description:
Time to become a true Twilight Princess
- A snazzy little number to slip into whenever you lay down your sword and shield
- Features a sassy sash and stitching any Hylian seamstress would be proud of
- Large Royal Crest on the back – long live the King!
- Oversized elf hood to tame wet locks (or hide away any bad hair days)
- Two pockets for catapults, Sheikah Slates or your favorite book
- Now you can feel like Hylian royalty without spending all your Rupees!
- Material: 100% polyester with a silky, satin feel
Fire Emblem Warriors
Here’s some more Fire Emblem Warriors wallpapers for your smartphone:
Earlier today, Hideki Kamiya shared a few words about the series he created: Bayonetta.
He talked about how the first one was funded by SEGA, the sequel had Nintendo step in with additional funding after it was shelved by SEGA (which is why it remains a Nintendo exclusive to this day), and how it was decided from the getgo that Bayonetta 3 would be fully funded by Nintendo (making a port on a non-Nintendo platform as likely as a Nintendo Switch port of Uncharted 4).
You can check out the 15 tweets he posted on this topic via this Twitter Moment (courtesy of Joseph Vargas)!
Speaking of Bayonetta, here’s a short video clip for Bayonetta 2:
By dodging an attack at the very last moment, #Bayonetta can activate Witch Time! This ability drastically slows down her enemies, giving her the chance to set up a big combo. Bayonetta 1 & 2 arrive 2/16 on #NintendoSwitch! pic.twitter.com/AeTZNF3vsB
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) February 12, 2018
Bayonetta 1 and 2 (Switch) come out on February 16th in Europe and North America, and February 17th in Japan.
Bayonetta 3 (Switch) does not have a release date yet.