Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon – Western release
We already knew that Koei-Tecmo would bring Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon to Europe and North America, but we didn’t know when, or whether the release would be simultaneous with the other platforms.
Today, Koei-Tecmo sent a press release to announce that Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon would be released on October 24th in North America, and October 27th in Europe.
For those who never heard of the game before, here’s what the story is all about:
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon takes place in a fictional, demon-ridden Western European city towards the end of the 19th century. The story focuses on a knight protector named Alushe and her two childhood friends – Liliana, a kind-hearted priestess, and Ruhenheid, a holy knight of the Lourdes Order. While guarding Liliana, Alushe is ambushed and killed only to later awaken as an artificial half-demon at the hands of the New Curia, a religious organization with dark ties. In the company of a variety of unlikely allies with their own pasts and agendas, Alushe’s strong desire to save Liliana gives her the strength to scatter the shadows shrouding the world and motivation to uncover the shocking truth behind the mysterious Queen of the Moon.
And here’s a trailer:
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon – Latest details
Earlier this week, Koei-Tecmo shared the latest details about Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon, starting with some new characters:
- Malvasia (voiced by Yu Shimamura), known as the “Demon / Queen of the Moon”, and the head of demons. She emerged as replacement for the Nightlord when they disappeared. To seal her, you have to sacrifice the Bride of Time. She used to be a pretty calm demon in the past, but nowadays, her only wish is to envelop the world in eternal night. She appears rather divine, and adresses the protagonist with cold eyes and a disinterested tone. In one of the scenes, she brings her face close to the protagonist’s, as if to give her a kiss… but she actually thrust her blade in her chest.
- The Three Popes (voiced by Reiko Suzuki), known as “The Head of the Curia”. They’re trying to offer up the Bridge of Time in order to seal Malvasia. They established a three-person parliamentary system, in opposition of the dictatoria of the former Pope. They calmly gaze at the protagonist and her partners, while donning their majestic outfits. Even members of the Curia have never seen their faces.
Next, we have more details about Lilys (support characters). By fighting together with them, and through various interactions, you can deepend your bond with Lilys. Naturally, they become even stronger when you do that.
One of the Lilys is a women called Muveil, that Alushe used to look up to like an older sister. After she became a demon, she targets her old friend to make her join the dark side. But after becoming an ally, she fights alongside her old friend as a reliable partner.
Muveil used to be a Holy Knight of the Curia, who fights until the bitter end. She can inflict status ailments to enemies during battle. If you want to trigger a Double Chase attack with her, you need to inflict a certain number of enemies with status ailments. Her active skill, Battle Crys, allows her to attract the enemy’s attention to herself, and raise her defense at the same time.
Muveil used to belong to the Curia, just like Alushe, which makes you wonder what happened to her…
During your adventure, Alushe will meet various girls, and her bonds with each one will deepen little by little. During battle, you can fill up the tension gauge by attacking enemies and performing cooperative actions (Double Chase, use of active skills, etc.). When it’s completely filled, you can perform a Lily Burst.
With Liliana, the Lily Burst has her chant to call down a light from the Heavens, striking several enemies at once. As for Veruschka, the enemy is sent flying in the air with fast movements, and together with Alushe, a powerful attack is launched.
By deepening your bond with a Lily, you can enjoy some side-stories, with special events. That way, you get to see sides of the characters you usually would not simply by going through the main story.
Here’s some examples:
- Eleanor: innocent and delighftul. She’s pretty honest about her feelings, which is why Alush tends to be bashful around her;
- Arnice: since Alushe has a rather straightforward persoanlity, she feels a sense of familiarity with her.
While escorting Lilian (a childhood friend, and a Saint), Alushe is killed by Malvasia, the Queen of the Moon. She’s then brought back to life as a half-demon. After that, she makes a pretty important decision: she chooses to go and try to defeat Malvasia.
One of the characters, Camilla, is researching half-demons. She’s trying to find a way to save Alushe, but there’s a risk she could become closer to a demon because of her idea. She seems to be closely linked to Muveil.
While searching for information about the Queen of the Moon, she ends up meeting Christophorus. Since she’s a “demon of purity”, she’s able to tell that she’s not involved with the Queen.
Tricker Servans can use MP to perform Servan actions, and perform special actions on the field. They play an active role through the game, in and outside battles.
Here’s a couple of examples:
- Shalf: a thunder wolf who can manipulate electricity (which can be used in battles, or to solve puzzles)
- Falfara: a buttefly with elegant shining wings. It can pick up Alushe, and allow her to reach high places.
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon – Latest videos and screenshots
Here’s the latest videos for the game:
And here’s the latest batch of screenshots:
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (Switch) comes out on August 31st in Japan, October 24th in North America, and October 27th in Europe. The Upcoming Releases has been updated.