In the past few years, USAopoly has released several Nintendo-themed Monopoly sets, and it looks like there’s still more on the way. Maybe a bit late for the Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary, a Super Mario Bros. Collector’s Edition of the famous board game will be released “soon” in the United States, where it will cost $44.95.
Here’s the official description:
The Super Mario Bros. Collector’s Edition of Monopoly allows players to buy, sell and trade locations from the eight worlds featured in the classic 8-bit version of the 1985 video game. Custom 8-bit styled game pieces complete this 8-bit classic styled Monopoly game with an original Super Mario Bros. twist.
And here’s the contents of the Super Mario Bros. Collector’s Edition of Monopoly:
- 6 Collectible 8-bit styled Tokens: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad, Super Mushroom and 1-up Mushroom
- Custom Designed 8-bit styled Game Board
- Custom Goal Poles and Castles replace traditional Houses and Hotels, respectively
- Community Chest and Chance Cards renamed ? Block and Warp Pipe
- Custom themed MONOPOLY® money
Here’s some pictures for this Super Mario Bros. Collector’s Edition of Monopoly:
If you don’t live in the United States, you don’t have anything to worry: there’s no doubt import sites will have the set available for pre-order soon.