Earlier today, FuRyu revealed their latest JRPG: Monark, to be released this October in Japan. And it looks like players didn’t have to wait very long before getting the confirmation that the game will see a western release! NIS America have just announced that Monark is indeed coming to Europe and North America, though not before Early 2022.
As usual, there’s a Limited Edition available via the NIS America Store. It costs $99.99, and includes the following:
- Collector’s Box
- “The Artwork of MONARK” Hardcover Art Book
- VANI Limited Soundtrack
- “Seven Sins” Cloth Poster
- “Pieces of Ambition” Set of 5 Acrylic Stands
And here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features for the game:
Could you face yourself and the threats around you to save the ones you love? Shin Mikado Academy is engulfed in a madness-inducing Mist, and only you can save everyone inside. Develop your Ego to break the pacts between the Monarks and their Pactbearers and dispel the corrupting Mist.
- Descend into Madness: Jump between exploring the Mist of the real world and fighting within the enigmatic Otherworld. Call upon allies, fight enemies, and unravel the mysteries surrounding your academy. Will you save the world or go mad and destroy yourself?
- Into The Mist and Beyond: Dive into a dark realm where reality and the self collide. The mysterious worlds you’ll explore are brought to life in a surreal, dark neo-fantasy style, with intricate character designs and evocative settings.
- Power of the Ego: Strengthen your Ego and customize the appearance and abilities of your Fiends. Unlock different Fiends to command in battle, and use the freeform tactical system to position your units and unleash destruction upon your enemies.
Make sure to check out this post for lots of pictures!
Monark (Switch) comes out on October 14th in Japan, and early 2022 in Europe and North America.
Source: NIS America PR