Nowadays, DLC and Seasons Passes are commonplace, and can be found in plenty of games… including those developed/published by Nintendo, such as Mario Golf: World Tour on Nintendo 3DS (back in 2014). Therefore, it’s not really surprising that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle would get some too, especially with how DLC / Season Pass-happy the publisher is known to be.
But what kind of DLC is Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle getting, exactly? Well, there’s some new solo and co-op challenges, but also some brand new story content, said to be “unexpected”. And of course, there’s the usual bonuses available only to Season Pass owners, that you get at the same time as the pass itself.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – Season Pass
- Price: 19.99€ / $19.99
- Release date: August 29th 2017 (same day as the game itself)
- 8 unique steampunk weapons will be available at the launch of the game, each one with its own statistics. These items will be exclusive for season pass owners.
- This autumn, players will be able to test their skills with new solo challenges, or with a friend, through additional co-op maps.
- In 2018, players will be able to play through brand new story content.
The Season Pass (and the associated bonuses) will be released on August 29th, alongside the game. The first bit of DLC will come on October 17th, with the second one releasing on January 16th, 2018.
The Gold Edition includes the base game and the Season Pass, and is now available from the Nintendo eShop in Europe and North America. It costs 74.99€ / $74.99.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – DLC Pack 1 (Ultra Challenge Pack)
- Release date: October 17th 2017
- Price: 6.99€ / £5.80 / $6.99
- 8 Solo Challenges
- 5 Co-op Challenges
- New difficulty: Ultra Hard
NB: there are 2 new challenges per World.
- Additional notes: you need the second Software update for this DLC pack. Click here for more details!
- How to access the new challenges: they are placed under “Secret Chapters” (Solo) and in “Buddy Dome” in the Peach’s Castle area (Co-op)
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – DLC Pack 2 (Donkey Kong Adventure)
- Release date: June 26th 2018
- Price: included in the Season Pass
- Contents: includes new world + 1 new character (Donkey Kong) + new storyline
- Additional notes: check out this post for more details!
Finally, in case you missed it, here’s some footage for the game from today’s gamescom livestream:
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) comes out on August 29th in Europe and North America, and January 18th in Japan. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Ubisoft PR