Remember Ira, the “surreal adventure game” headed to the Nintendo Switch? Well, the developers certainly haven’t, as they’ve been working hard on it in the past few months. Yesterday, they shared the latest progress update for it, and from the looks of it, development is progressing quite smoothly.
Here’s where they’re at right now, development-wise:
- Well, the story for Act one is finished.
- The gameplay mechanics are complete but need some visual polish, as noted in the Mechanics teaser.
- The sound design / direction is set and material is actively being created.
- Playable in game locations are in place, and at various stages of completion. This means that you could play the game from start to finish but there are still areas with place holder props in need of refinement.
- In game character writing and dialogue is still in development with some locations being more fleshed out than others.
The developers are planning to release IRA on Nintendo Switch alongside PC/MAC/ Linux, which is why they’ve already started to do test builds, and with good success it seems!
As for when IRA will be released, the developers are currently targeting a Q1/Q2 2018 release right now. They expect the core game to be finished by the end of the year, but after that, there will still be a lot left to do: play testing and taking feedback into account, finalise and execute the marketing plan, go through certification process at Nintendo, and more.
Click here to check out the full progress update!
Ira (Switch – eShop) should be released in Q1 / Q2 2017 in Europe and North America.
Source: Ore Creative