Today’s Indie news:
- 13AM Games (Runbow)
- Super Mario Maker
- Run Run and Die
- The Binding of Isaac
13AM Games (Runbow)
Yesterday, Toronto Game Devs published an interview with 13AM Games, the developers of Runbow. It covers several topics, such as why they went with DLC instead of a new project, if there’s any ideas they didn’t use in the DLC, how did they get Lilac (from Freedom Planet) in the game, what’s next for Runbow, and more. Click here to check it out!
Yesterday, Double Fine announced that 140 was coming to consoles, including the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS. Never heard of this game? Here’s the official description and a trailer:
Created by Jeppe Carlsen (Lead puzzle designer, LIMBO) with Music by Jakob Schmid, 140 is a challenging minimalistic platformer with abstract colorful graphics. The game requires rhythmic awareness to overcome obstacles which are controlled by an energetic, yet melancholic electronic soundtrack.
Our Upcoming Releases page has been updated with this new game.
Head after the break for the rest of this post!
Super Mario Maker
Takumi Naramura is the Director of La Mulana (and La Mulana 2). Polygon went to see him, and asked him to make a level in Super Mario Maker.
Here’s a video of said trailer:
If you want to play this level, click here to add it to your bookmarks, or use the following code: 07EF-0000-0226-A205.
Run Run and Die
Here’s a trailer for Run Run and Die, coming out on Wii U (Nintendo eShop) on April 28th in Europe, where it will cost 3.99€:
Our Upcoming Releases page has been updated with this new date.
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
Yesterday, in the press release for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 release, Nicalis specified that the Wii U version of The Binding of Isaac would be released in the “upcoming months” of Wii U.
Here’s (almost) everything you will find in the DLC:
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items-not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards-taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- New secret transformations!
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- 8 new bosses