On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Golf With Your Friends on Nintendo Switch (originally released on May 19th 2020 in Europe, North America, and Japan)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Golf With Your Friends – Update 1
- Release date: July 6th 2020 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Ball collisions should now be consistent between hosts and clients
- Profanity filter should now be more selective (i.e. less words are filtered)
- Ball lights will be visible for other players (not just the host)
- [Collision][Escapists] On hole 6 there are invisible walls located near the ramp
- [Forest] – Wooden blocker on Hole 16 of Forest does not move for clients in online games
- The Hole in – One trophy does not trigger in online or hotseat play if another player times out
- In game fog is not activated depending on the players draw distance settings
- [Collision][Escapists] On Hole 13 the table on the left side at the start of the Hole has no collision
- [Audio][Escapists] Some SFX of the Furnace_Pusher_Escapists assets are played despite audio turned off in the settings
- The Flag Indicator does not show up in Hotseat while in game or in free camera mode on any course
- Any stats created in the course specific section of the player’s personal stats will be lost if made on the first session since creating new save data
- [Escapists] The sinks on hole 7 have no collision
- When the player forfeits a Hole it will give the result “Ran out of Time!”
- Player profile images in the quickplay lobby will appear as blank circles or the generic golf ball if
- players have previously been in an online lobby together
- [Museum] Spirit Wall particle effects appear static from Hole 7 and onward until the player either picks them up or interacts with the Pause menu
- [Escapists] There is no white rim for the hole in Classic mode on hole 11 of Escapists
- Powerups can be enabled in Hockey and Dunk mode and positions are not correct in these modes
- [Museum] The animation for spirit wall pickup is static until the pick up is activated
- The profanity filter Game option under “Accessibility” has no default value
- The ‘Who’s the food now?’ achievement is not unlocked after being eaten by Gingy in the practice
- [Escapists] The ball is not reset after coming to a stop on a certain metal sheet asset on Hole 9
- Players can hit their ball whilst in Free-cam mode if they open and close the Pause menu whilst in Free-cam mode on gamepad
- [Museum] – Active spirit wall VFX and SFX can be heard / seen when spectating
- [Collision][Escapists] On Hole 3 multiple wooden barriers in the spawn area are affected by collision issues
- Adds Escapists 2 Course
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Team17 (Steam)
How to download updates for Golf With Your Friends for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Golf With Your Friends, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.