Square-Enix have announced that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is to get a demo version, called Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite. And it’s more than just a mere demo, as it allows you to do the following:
- play through the first three dungeon in both Single Player and Online Multiplayer, with cross-play
- you can join multiplayer sessions with players who own the full version of the game (which offers 13 dungeons in total), which means that you only need 1 copy of the game to play with 3 other friends
- you can transfer your progress to the full version of the game
Next, here’s the English version of the latest trailer:
Here’s the latest features revealed for the game:
- Quick Chat – new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer – a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronise and combine their magical attacks to unleash their full power.
- UI Improvements – increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes – after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition.
- Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
Finally, here’s the latest set of artworks and screenshots for the game:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (Switch) comes out on August 27th worldwide.
Source: Square-Enix PR