Today’s Nintendo eShop news: R-Type Dimensions announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Siegecraft Commander
- Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics
- WILL: A Wonderful World
- Mummy Pinball
- Dawn of the Breakers
- Bridge Constructor Portal
The Nintendo Switch has quickly become a haven for schmup fans, and it doesn’t look like this is going to change any time soon. Earlier this week, Tozai Games announced another one: R-Type Dimensions. It’s a compilation including both R-Type and R-Type II, the arcade classics by Irem. They can be played in classic mode (with original, 2D graphics and retro music) or in “modern” mode (with 3D graphics and remastered audio).
There’s also three new features:
- Full power-up mode: allows you to power your ship to maximum weapons in Infinite Mode
- Fast Forward: speed up the game in any mode
- In-game achievements
Here’s a trailer and the list of key features:
- Two complete games: includes all 8 original R-Type levels and all 6 original R-Type II levels
- Switch between hi-res 2D/3D graphics with revamped music, or play the classic versions with the push of a button
- Infinite Mode and Level Select: learn the levels inside and out for the perfect, 1CC runs
- Co-op Mode: 2 players can play together “couch co-op” style or add collision for competitive play
- Slow motion play function: weave through bullets and enemies with ease
- Custom controller configuration: change the button layout to match your play style
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
R-Type Dimensions (Switch – eShop) comes out this Winter worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Tozai Games PR / 4Gamer
Yesterday, Blowfish Studios announced that Siegecraft Commander, their action-strategy game, will be released on Nintendo Switch on September 19th. It will cost 19.99€ / $19.99. Here’s all you need to know about it:
Lead an army of troops on a raging battlefield and construct a network of offensive and defensive structures to strengthen their positions and demolish enemy fortifications. To expand their battlements, players catapult structures across the warzone, creating a web of connected towers linking back to the spires that spawned them and, ultimately, the central base.
Every tower must connect to the last or to other structures linked to the faction’s first building. If a link in the chain is broken, everything cut off from the nexus will also crumble, leading to potential domino-esque effects where entire sections can fall with one well-placed shot.
Building fortifications is only half the battle. Catapults will launch everything from new structures to explosives and cows, all while deploying infantry to attack the opposing forces. Some placements can even buff towers’ speed and strength with magical auras, making one’s knowledge of the land, along with shrewd aim, and a keen tactical eye key to survival.
Two eight-level single-player campaigns starring either a defense-focused band of knights or a tribe of offensive Lizardmen will be presented in a storybook fashion. For those wishing to turn friend into foe, Siegecraft Commander supports local split-screen and online cross-platform multiplayer for 2-4 players between Nintendo Switch™, Xbox One, and PC. Generals can choose between tactical turn-based and action-packed RTS battles. The ability to choose a commander and toy with the tech tree means there’s a strategy for everyone.
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Siegecraft (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 19th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Blowfish Studios PR
Here’s the trailer for the High Stakes event for Fortnite, which is now live:
Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics
Today, Ripstone Games shared some gameplay footage (with developer commentary!) for Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics, the occult, turn-based strategy game from Auroch Digital:
In this mission, Mademoiselle Dubois and Corporal Singh must make their way behind enemy lines, then move through the deadly forest, crawling with Nazi enemies, in order to get to their rendez-vous point with other members of Charlie Company – Captain Harris and Sergeant Carter.
Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America.
Source: Ripstone Games PR
WILL: A Wonderful World
Circle Ent. has shared some more details about WILL: A Wonderful World, releasing next month:
Use your heart and wisdom to help those in need. There was an urban legend…
Write your troubles down on a note. Hold it in your hand at midnight and pray. “God, please help me…” Then god will hear your plea. And change your fate. It was only a legend though. It wasn’t even popular for very long… A young girl wakes up, groggy in an unknown room. A talking dog appears before her and she becomes startled by the revelation he tells her: They are gods and it is their duty to change the fate of any humans that ask for their help. Letters appear in the mail and with pen in hand she begins her job. People who believe in this legend live all over the world, in every shape and form. They write and pray to the gods, seeking help for their troubles: A quiet nerd stuck in a hopeless, one-sided crush.
An impoverished artist that has lost all hope and contemplates suicide. A rookie police officer who burns with justice and hopes for his first big case. A young woman desperately chasing her dream against all odds. Even a stray cat that would just like some dried fish to eat.
With the power to change the fate of humankind, dive deep into the story and learn about those that seek out your help but, remember, changing someone’s fate will have an effect on others whether they are interconnected or not. As you read through each story, perhaps your memory will also return, but what will you learn about your character and her mission?
- Redesigned to perfectly tell the tale on Nintendo Switch.
- Receive letters from people seeking help. Investigate their situations and alter their fate.
- The stories of the characters are gradually revealed to you in the letters they wrote. From these letters you will learn about their lives and help solve their problems.
- Be sure to consider all details before making decisions; the fates of the characters depend on this. Life is full of surprises. Sometimes, thinking outside the box could uncoverbeautiful hidden gems. Be bold, be brave, and create the best memories together with our heroes!
- Progress through the game and also learn more about the two gods, the mysterious girl and her companion.
- Enjoy punchy music and beautifully drawn stills and animations.
WILL: A Wonderful World (Switch – eShop) comes out in October in Europe and North America.
Source: Circle Ent. PR
Here’s some details for Mummy Pinball, releasing tomorrow (September 7th) in Europe and North America (price: 1.99€ / $1.99):
Enjoy Mummy Pinball, a perfect reproduction of a real pinball machine, with all the graphic details and sounds. Discover all the secrets, complete all the missions and become number 1 in the world or the best among your Friends, posting your high score on the online leaderboard.
- Arcade design.
- Gloomy setting.
- Multiball, Extraball, Skillshot, Jackpots…
- Reproduction with all the details, lights and sounds.
- 4 different cameras to choose from.
- Online Leaderboard.
Mummy Pinball (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 7th in Europe and North America.
Source: EnjoyUp Games PR
Dawn of the Breakers
As compensation for the maintenance that took place earlier today, players who made an account before September 5th can get the following as Log-in Bonus:
- [Spirit Gem] x20
You have until October 5th to claim it!
Bridge Constructor Portal
Here’s the Japanese trailer for Bridge Constructor Portal:
Bridge Constructor Portal (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 27th in Japan.
Here’s a video clip for Zarvot:
— Zarvot ✧▣✧ OUT NOW – emotional box arcade (@zarvot) September 5, 2018
Zarvot (Switch – eShop) comes out in October in Europe and North America.