Today’s second round of Nintendo eShop news: Cytus α announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Incredible Mandy
- Yet Another Zombie Defense HD
- The Shapeshifting Detective
- Flipping Death
- Feudal Alloy
The latest issue of Famitsu magazine reveals that Cytus, the very first game by Rayark (originally released on smart devices), is getting a full remake on Nintendo Switch: Cytus α. More details coming soon!
Here’s the preview page from Famitsu:
The latest issue of Famitsu magazine comes out on Thursday in Japan (effectively Wednesday morning/afternoon in North America and Europe respectively).
Cytus α (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Yesterday, Circle Ent. announced yet another game for the Nintendo Switch: Incredible Mandy, developed by Dotoyou Games (also known for Koi). This is a fantasy action adventure game that explores the strange beauty of dreams, which is why it features a stylised art design fit for a beautiful world wonders.
Here’s what the game is all about:
The story follows the protagonist, Mandy, as she looks for memories scattered throughout the dream, challenging and seeking to overcome her fears. She guides her brother in a fantastical tale following a tragic accident that affected both siblings. Having lost his right hand in the accident, the brother’s new hand can summon the Excalibur of Light, symbolizing positive power. Players will tackle obstacles, unlock puzzles, defeat huge enemies and collect forgotten memories, all within scenes and settings that incorporate a broad range of styles.
The enemies that appear in the game embody the fear from the hearts of the brother and sister. They will prevent you from looking for the memories that are scattered throughout your dreams; defeat them with the Excalibur of Light! In addition to being a weapon for close combat, the Excalibur of Light can also be inserted anywhere in the scene, including the ground, walls, movable traps, and enemies. It can also be detonated, releasing the power of light.
This is a game that features a broad range of environments, an emotive soundtrack and more.
Incredible Mandy (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Circle Ent. PR
Yet Another Zombie Defense HD
Yesterday, Awesome Games announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Yet Another Zombie Defense HD, a top-down arcade zombie shooter with tactical and strategic elements. Here’s all you need to know about it:
Yet Another Zombie Defense HD is a top-down arcade zombie shooter with tactical and strategic elements. Prepare yourself before nightfall by building defensive barricades, buying guns and ammo, and setting up turrets, then stay alive for as long as you can. Each night puts your skills to the test, as the zombie forces become stronger with each wave. Make your death memorable as you shoot your way to a glorious end!
The game is all about defending yourself against the dark hordes that attack you every single night. You know it’s a lost cause – the undead horde is overwhelming and sooner or later your time will come. So, if you’re gonna go, go out in style, and leave behind piles of butchered zombies before they murder you! There’s just one thing that matters – how long can YOU survive?
- Local and online co-op for up to four players – slaying monsters alone is fun, but doing it with your friends? It’s up to four times better!
- Mount your favorite firearms on automated turrets and set traps – it’s a well-known fact that zombies aren’t smart, so they won’t be expecting it.
- Guns, guns, guns… and more guns! Choose from a variety of weapons – shotguns, rocket launchers, flamethrowers, and many more.
- Pick your favorite game mode:
- Deathmatch.Compete with others and dominate the leaderboard.
- Zooombieees! Who doesn’t love to smash their rotten little faces?
- Oh, and did we mention guns yet? No, really, there’s literally tons of them!
Yet Another Zombie Defense HD (Switch – eShop) comes out next year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Awesome Games Studios PR
The Shapeshifting Detective
Last week, Wales Interactive announced a new game for the Nintendo Switch: The Shapeshifting Detective, a supernatural noir murder mystery FMV game from D’Avekki Studios (the creators of The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker, already available on Nintendo Switch), written by Lynda and Tim Cowles, and Directed by Tim Cowles. It will be released in Q4 2018.
Here’s all you need to know about it:
Dorota Shaw is dead. And the prime suspects are three tarot readers with the uncanny ability to predict murder – or commit it. It’s your job to find out what else they know – but they won’t reveal their dark secrets to just anyone… Luckily, you can be anyone you want to be. Even the next victim.
You play as a detective who can shapeshift into other characters, allowing you to unlock secret conversations and private encounters. Featuring more than 1600 full HD video responses, a randomly chosen murderer and guest starring Rupert Booth, Anarosa De Eizaguirre Butler (Contradiction) and Aislinn De’Ath (The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker).
- 1600+ full HD FMV videos.
- A large multi-location, multi-suspect world to explore.
- Shapeshift into nine other characters, or be yourself.
- Branching storyline and randomly chosen murderer for high replayability.
- In-game radio station featuring short dark fiction plays between visits.
- Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
- Shapeshift and your dialogue options are voiced by the original actors.
- Not all branching is binary. Push someone too far and discover a different reaction.
- Can’t get that vital clue yourself? Shapeshift into the Police Chief!
- Think your options are a trap? Refuse to speak to potentially unlock a hidden path.
Here’s the cast:
- Aislinn De’Ath … Violet Gallacher
- Anarosa De Eizaguirre Butler … Bronwyn Castle
- Esmonde Cole … Zak Weston
- Jared Nelson … Agent X
- Joe Maw … Oscar Wainwright
- Klemens Koehring … John Pope
- Leah Cunard … Ellis Munro
- Nicholas Pople … Rayne
- Olivia Noyce … Lexie Taylor
- Rachel Cowles … Sophia
- Rupert Booth … Chief Dupont
- Tori Nagay … Dorota Shaw
The Shapeshifting Detective (Switch – eShop) comes out in Q4 2018 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Wales Interactive PR
SubaraCity is a city-building puzzle game developed by Ryuji Kuwaki, and previously released on Nintendo 3DS. It’s now headed to the Nintendo Switch, next month (August). Over the next few days, Circle Ent. will share release details, screenshots, and videos for it!
SubarCity (Switch – eShop) comes out in August worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Circle Ent. (Twitter)
Here’s the latest screenshot for Flipping Death, showing some ghost critters. Depending on the one you catch, you will be able to possess different people across town. Apparently, some need more platform skills than others.
Flipping Death (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Zoink Games (Twitter)
Here’s some early cutscene concept art for Feudal Alloy:
Feudal Alloy (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
Source: Attu Games (Twitter)