Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Sheltered announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Guacamelee! 2
Today, Team17 announced yet another game for the Nintendo Switch: Sheltered, a post-apocalyptic disaster management game developed by Unicube, releasing on December 18th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer:
This version of the game includes the Surrounded and Stasis game modes:
- Surrounded: survive 50 days with dwindling resources while under (frequent!) attacks;
- Stasis: finish building a rocket before the planet dies.
Here’s some details:
Sheltered is a post-apocalyptic disaster management game that gives a whole new meaning to the term “nuclear family”. After a global apocalypse, you take on the role of protecting four family members living in a deserted underground shelter. Their well-being and survival are your responsibility. One bad decision and a loved one is gone, forever.
Combat claustrophobia, radiation and mental exhaustion as you cling desperately to life in the cramped, cold underground shelter. You’ll have to leave the scant protection the shelter offers behind as you’re forced to venture outside into the dangerous, desolate wasteland to scavenge for vital supplies which could ensure your family’s survival for just one more day. Also, pets! Choose between a dog, cat, fish, snake or horse as your loyal companion.
– First time on Nintendo Switch: Sheltered is available on Nintendo Switch for the first time! Enjoy the apocalypse on the go in handheld mode or at home in TV mode or table top mode.
– Extra content: Additional scenarios Surrounded and Stasis are included.
– Family comes first: Keep your family alive and protect them from the ravages of the harsh post-apocalyptic world.
– Make the shelter a home: Maintain your shelter – keep it secure, habitable and make sure that the family have enough resources to survive. Protect your shelter from hazards and infiltration!
– Customisation: Your family is unique to you; you decide their gender, names and their appearance.
– RPG mechanics: As your family develop, their stats will adapt with an evolving experience and trauma system. Attributes, strengths and weaknesses will dynamically change based on your choices.
– Crafting system: Create comforts for your family’s shelter and equipment for aiding exploration.
– Exploration: Send out your family to explore and gather resources for everyday living and crafting.
– Recruitment system: Recruit outsiders with different personalities, integrate them into your shelter life and earn their loyalty.
– Dynamic encounter system: Your family will encounter various threats including roaming factions and feral beasts.
– Turn-based combat: For those that cannot be reasoned with, violence can be used as a last resort. Your family may depend on it.
– Vehicles: Make exploration quicker and safer.
Sheltered (Switch – eShop) comes out on December 18th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Here’s the latest artwork for Transiruby, showcasing the updated look of the protagonist:
Transiruby (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Skipmore (Twitter)
Here’s the launch trailer for Guacamelee! 2, now available in Europe and North America: