Today’s Nintendo eShop news (Round 3): Songbird Symphony announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Owltimate Edition
- HandyGames @ gamescom 2018
- Old School Musical
- Plague in Us
- The Mystery of Woolley Mountain
Yesterday, PQube announced yet another game for the Nintendo, but probably their cutest yet! It’s called Songbird Symphony, and it’s a 2D platformer developed by Joysteak, starring young orphaned bird. it will be released in Spring 2019 in Europe and North America.
Here’s all you need to know about it:
Songbird Symphony tells the story of Birb, a young orphaned bird who, having been brought up by a family of Peacocks who discovered him when he was an abandoned egg, slowly starts to realise he’s somewhat different to the rest of his acquaintances. Setting out a journey of self-discovery, players take charge of Birb as he leaves the nest and heads out into a world bursting with life.
- An engaging adventure featuring Birb, a unique little bird with a love of singing and bouncing
- Dazzling pixel based graphics that interweave seamlessly with gorgeous sceneries and delightful animations
- Interacting with other characters adds layers of beat to the game’s soundtrack
- Singing in time with the music adds platforms to play that help the forest’s cast of creatures
- A vast world to explore with 12 interconnected levels featuring scores of secret, hidden areas
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Songbird Symphony (Switch – eShop) comes out in Spring 2019 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: PQube PR
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Owltimate Edition
Yesterday, HandyGames (THQ Nordic’s independant publisher, focusing on small and mid-sized projects and 3rd-party indie games) announced a game for the Nintendo Switch. That game is none other than Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Owltimate Edition, which includes all the content from the original version, but also all existing DLC (including Rise of the Owlverlord), as well as 5 brand-new levels, beautiful new story cutscenes between each level, and even some new music tracks by Chris Huelsbeck and Machinae Supremacy.
Here’s all you need to know about the game:
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams offers classic 2D platforming fun in meticulously detailed 3D environments. Players can turn cute Giana into a punk version of herself at the press of a button, transforming the game’s star, the soundtrack and even the world. This overhaul isn’t merely cosmetic: Giana’s punk persona is a critical to overcoming obstacles and solving particularly tricky situations. In her sweet incarnation, Giana whirls gracefully over obstacles and opponents, but when ‘punked up’ she smashes through stone blocks with mighty dashes and can master her environment by bouncing off walls.
- Impressive abilities: Negotiate tricky level design by wall-running, vaulting and smashing your way through the world, ignoring gravity in the process
- Intuitive and precise controls: Giana’s powers are numerous, but slick controls enable you to master her skills and pull off expert-level manoeuvres with ease
- Jaw-dropping worlds: Fantastical, transforming 2D worlds drawn in sumptuous 3D come to life on Nintendo Switch
- Explore and discover: Pick apart 40 thrilling, secret-filled levels brimming with challenges and surprises
- Innovative gadgets: Navigate evolving landscapes by utilizing everything around you – fly with bubble gum bubbles, bounce on springs and supercharge your sprints via conveyor belts
- Epic boss battles: Push yourself to the limits as you battle gigantic creatures from the depths of Giana’s worst nightmares
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Owltimate Edition (Switch – eShop) doesn’t have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: THQ Nordic PR
HandyGames @ gamescom 2018
Yesterday, HandyGames revealed their line-up for gamescom 2018:
- Townsmen (previously announced)
- Dynamite Fishing (previously announced)
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Owltimate Edition (announced yesterday)
- Clouds & Sheep 2 (previously announced)
Old School Musical
Yesterday, Playdius announced the upcoming release of La Moutarde’s Old School Musical (an 8-bit era rhythm game) on Nintendo Switch. It will be released on September 13th, and is already available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop for $12.99. You can listen to a preview of the soundtrack over at Soundcloud.
Here’s all you need to know about it:
Old School Musical is unlike any rhythm game ever made, and invites players to revisit the golden age of gaming with a rocking retro soundtrack and levels inspired by 8-bit era classics.
Old School Musical follows the adventures of Tib and Rob, two video game characters trained by their missing mother to be top class video game heroes. Players must stay in (chip)tune, synching inputs with flying notes to help Tib and Rob find their missing mother. Miss too many notes, and Tib and Rob’s adventure will fall flat!
Filled to the brim with nostalgia fueled references and nods to classic 8-bit games, genres, and tropes, Old School Musical is like a love letter to ‘80s and ‘90s kids in the form of a rhythm game. Put the pedal to the metal in levels inspired by retro racers, shoot down enemies and weave through a bullet hell in side scroller shooter levels, and take the fight to evil chicken armies to the beat of chiptune tracks from famous artists, including: Dubmood, Zabutom, Hello World, Yponeko, and Le Plancton. Discover over 50 tracks, composed exclusively for Old School Musical.
- Story Mode: Lead Tib and Rob on crazy adventure filled with humor and 8-bit nostalgia
- Arcade Mode: Reach the highest score and challenge your friends
- Challenge Mode: Play it hard with visual and audio penalties to unlock new music tracks
- Over 50 chiptune tracks by the best of the chiptune scene: Dubmood, Zabutom, Hello World, Yponeko, Le Plancton
- Travel through 20+ retro levels, inspired by 8-bit classics
- Local multiplayer mode supporting up to 4 players
- A rebellion led by chickens angry over their constant abuse in videogames
Old School Musical (Switch – eShop) comes out on September 13th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Playdius PR
Plague in Us
Here’s one lone screenshot for Plague in Us:
Plague in Us (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Forever Ent. (Twitter)
The Mystery of Woolley Mountain
Here’s the latest character profile for The Mystery of Woolley Mountain:
The Mystery of Woolley Mountain (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Huey Games (Twitter)
Here’s the launch trailer for Treadnauts, now available in Europe and North America: