Today, Capcom announced yet another game for the Nintendo Switch. And if you were expecting an original game and not yet another (late) port, you’re in for disappointment, unfortunately… The “new” game is none other than Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, releasing on April 23rd in Europe and North America (no release announced for Japan yet, but no doubt there will be one later down the line). It will cost $29.99 / 29.99€.
This Nintendo Switch version of the game will include all previously released DLC and the Dark Arisen expansion, but also revamped UI for improved screen visibility, online sharing for the Pawn system (does not even require a Nintendo Switch Online sub), and more.
Here’s the debut trailer for Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen on Nintendo Switch:
And here’s some details and screenshots:
The critically acclaimed action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen makes its way to Nintendo Switch! Set in a huge open world known as Gransys, the game presents a rewarding action combat experience with nine vocations to choose from, all possessing a wide range of devastating skills and magicks to tackle deadly foes. Players embark on an epic adventure in a rich, living world with three AI companions, known as Pawns. These partners fight independently, demonstrating prowess and ability that they have developed based on traits learned from each player. Users can share these Pawns online and reap rewards of treasure, tips and strategy hints for taking down the terrifying enemies. Pawns can also be borrowed when specific skills are needed to complete various challenging quests.
– Dynamic combat experience – Cut off the four heads of a Hydra, climb atop griffins and fight airborne, or defeat dragons and other creatures by finding out their weaknesses.
– Tons of content – Includes all previously released extra content, DLC and the Dark Arisen expansion content. Features the highly praised combat experience and rich customization, plus a huge underground realm to explore with terrifying monsters.
– Customization options galore – Nine different vocations for players to choose from with a variety of skill and magick options for each, armor that can be upgraded and enhanced, plus Pawn companions that can be trained to fit your desired combat style.
– Adapted User Interface – Revamped user interface offers improved screen visibility.
– Online Functionality – The iconic Pawn system comes to Nintendo Switch with online sharing abilities between Nintendo Accounts. (A Nintendo Switch Online membership is not required for online features).
– Play Anywhere – For the first time, Dragon’s Dogma can be played on the go using the Nintendo Switch system’s handheld or tabletop mode.
Dragon’s Dogma (Switch) comes out on April 23rd in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Capcom PR