Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden comes out on June 11th in Japan, but fans will be able to try out the game starting next week in Japan. Indeed, Bandai-Namco is going to release a demo version of the game next Thursday (May 28th), on the Nintendo eShop.
It will include two modes:
– Free Battle
– VS. Battle (so you can play against a friend, in local multiplayer)
Earlier today, Bandai-Namco uploaded a gameplay video for this demo, which allows us to get some details about the game. First: the character select screen. Each player has 3 slots: 1 character takes 1 slot, and a Z Assist Character half a slot. That means you can head into battle with:
– 3 characters, but without any Z Assist characters
– 2 characters, and 2 Z Assist characters
– 1 character and 4 Z Assit characters
It will be up to you to decide whether you want more characters with their health bars, or instead more moves thanks to the Z Assist characters.
Here’s the gameplay video for the Dragon Ball Z – Extreme Butouden demo:
Here’s an additional video, from V-Jump+:
Here’s some screenshots for the game:
Finally, we have two new Z Assist characters, straight from Jump magazine:
– Dr Wheelo (from the Dragon Ball Z: The World’s Strongest movie)
– Jackie Chun (Master Roshi in disguise)
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden (3DS) comes out on June 11th in Japan.