On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Devil Engine on Nintendo Switch (originally released on February 21st 2019 in Europe, North America, and Japan)!
How to download updates for Devil Engine for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Devil Engine, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.
Click here for more Software updates!
Devil Engine – Ver. 1.0.2
- Release date: March 1st 2019 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed a few (english) typos
- Fixed crash bugs on the Stage 4 boss
- Fixed crash bugs involving pausing and un-pausing with the laser
- Fixed spider enemies on Stage 3 not awarding points
- Fixed a bug where continues would somtimes lower on there own
- Fixed a crash bug with Scathach if you died at the right/wrong time
- Fixed music sometimes not stopping if you killed the final boss too fast
- Fixed Easy mode clears failing to upload/zeroing out (and stage not being reported correctly)
- Fixed name entry and Challenge mode sometimes not accepting confirms
- Fixed the Challenge mode unlock popup not properly canceling out Challenge selection
- Fixed enemies killed not being calculated under some circumstances
- Kill count option now works on clear screen (instead of just pause menu)
- Fixed game mode sometimes not reporting correctly
- Fixed level select incorrectly behaving on for easy and expert modes.
- Fixed No bullets, Supers only crashing if you held bomb down as you started and failed the Challenge mode
- Technically a balance change?
- Fixed unlocks popup occasionally listing the wrong item
- Fixed not properly unlocking
- Fixed clears from sometimes reporting as stage 6
- Fixed a stray line on the game over screen
- Fixed some stats zeroing out if you quick reset and then never paused all the way up to a clear (Thanks Mocha)
- Fixed a couple sounds being pitched incorrectly if you play a run after doing specific challenges
- Fixed reporting as a clear when cleared
- Fixed the stage 4 boss softlocking if timed out
- Fixed easy clears reporting as stage 6 FOR REAL THIS TIME
- List of changes:
This update fixes two game crashing bugs that occur…
– against the Stage 4 boss, when a certain attack is used
– if you rapidly un-pause the game while using the laser
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Protoculture Games (Steam)