Feardemic have announced that they have signed a deal with Twisted II Studio, the developers of Dark Fracture (a psychological first-person horror adventure). They announced that the game will be released on Nintendo Switch, and that they will publish the game in Europe and North America (with physical editions in the works).
Here’s an old trailer, some details, and the list of key features for the game:
Set in the late 90s in a forested area of the Northeastern USA, Dark Fracture brings you into the eerie environment of a body farm – a decomposition research facility. You enter the world as Edward, a lonely individual tormented by a tragic past, whose only solace is in the medicine that helps him to get through the day. Edward is barely able to cope with his issues, which are only intensified by the solitude of his workplace. He puts on a brave front and dutifully wakes up for work every day. His routine serves as his only anchor, but deep inside, trouble is simmering…
- An Obscure Tale: Unravel the mysteries surrounding the body farm while trying to survive the inexplicable events happening around you. Trust nothing and no one.
- Complex Characters: Dig deeper into Edward’s psyche and meet other employees whose intentions are anything but clear – are they friend or foe?
- Otherworldly Exploration: Experience visions of a terrifying parallel dimension. But does that world exist, or is it all in Edward’s mind?
- Decision Making: The decisions you make in the game will impact Edward’s fate. Will you save or condemn him? Make your choices wisely.
- Sanity Meter: Your sanity is the key to survival. Disturbing events will hinder your progress throughout the game, sapping away your resolve. Do all you can to tighten the grip on your fleeting sanity.
- Procedurally Generated Paranormal Events: On top of being varied by your sanity meter, encounters and visions do not always happen at a set moment. Expect the unexpected during each playthrough.
- Survival Horror Gameplay Elements: Search key items to help your progress through the adventure, and carefully manage resources to survive. And don’t stay in the dark!
- Physics-based Puzzles: Interact with physical objects and carry or manipulate them to solve problems.
- Dual Wielding: By wielding two items at once, you can strategize the complementary usage of your tools and overcome any obstacle – or die trying.
- Artistic Inspiration: The rich and immersive environments of the game take inspiration from the surrealist paintings of Zdzisław Beksiński as well as the flesh-like creations of H.R. Giger.
Dark Fracture (Switch) does not have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Feardemic PR