Today’s Daily news: latest set of details and screenshots for Torchlight III, but also…
- Ys Origin
- Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
- Kamen Rider memory of heroez
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath
Perfect World Entertainment have shared some more details about Torchlight III, releasing later this year on Nintendo Switch (price: $39.99):
Torchlight III will feature all of Torchlight’s signature mechanics, including satisfying hack- and-slash combat, a charming and vibrant world, online 4-player cooperative multiplayer and offline single-player, and the beloved pet system that captured the hearts of ARPG fans. This grand adventure will also introduce new features, such as three epic acts, unique Relic subclasses, fully customizable forts, a challenging end-game experience “Fazeer Shah’s Dun-Djinn”, the multi-tiered progression system “Contracts” that lets players earn Fame and unlock elite items, along with a myriad of quests and boss battles across randomly-generated areas filled with epic loot drops.
In Torchlight III, it’s been a century since the events of Torchlight II, where the great heroes of old defeated The Dark Alchemist and sealed the Netherlord’s heart inside the Clockwork Core. The heroes brought peace to the world of Novastraia, but now the Ember Empire finds itself on the brink of collapse as it’s under threat of invasion by the Netherim and its allies. To save Novastraia, Torchlight III players will need to gather their wits and brave the frontier in search of fame, glory and new adventures to become the legends the world needs them to be.
Next, here’s the list of key features:
- Travel the Frontier: Players can explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft loot, use magical maps to enter unknown dungeons, or show off their spoils in town! There’s always something to do in the new frontier.
- Build & Upgrade Your Fort: It’s time to rebuild! Players will enjoy their very own account-based fort, where they can upgrade gear, and make renovations to show it off to their friends and the world. The game allows them to build monuments of power, pet stables, and more!
- Choose a Relic: Relics are objects of great power that grant players a suite of active skills and passive skills. Players will choose one of five of these at the beginning of their journey and use skill points to unlock or enhance their relic’s abilities. The relic is an important part of a character’s strategy – choose wisely!
- Collect Epic Gear: Suit up in a robust variety of armor and weapons found across the frontier including charming hats, pet apparel, and unique locomotion options. Players can select from a wide array of weapons that suit their playstyle and class build. With over a hundred Legendary items, players can permanently acquire their special abilities in order to make themselves more unique and powerful.
- Pets are Back: Players can fight their way to fame and glory with loyal companions! Each of the many species comes in a myriad of colors and styles so adventurers shouldn’t settle for the first one they find. They can make these trusty pets stronger by adding skills, equip them with gear to make them hardier, and together battle enemies as a team. Pets also have their own vast inventory for items, and players have the option to have their pets sell items directly in town.
- Build Your Hero: With four classes to choose from, along with 20 class and Relic combinations — each combination offering a unique playstyle — and a wide range of choices of where to place skill points at, players can utilize class-specific mechanics to maximize damage and their odds of survival. Torchlight III lets them gather epic gear, select your Relic powers, and customize loadouts to create a unique combat style for their heroes.
Torchlight III features the following 4 classes:
- The Dusk Mage is an enchanter who harnesses the power of light and dark energy to conjure devastating attacks.
- The Forged is a powerful robot who relies on an arsenal of weaponry to build up heat and unleash explosive assaults.
- The Railmaster is a locomotive savvy powerhouse who steams into combat with a massive hammer and heavily armed battle train.
- The Sharpshooter is a powerful and nimble ranged character who uses incredible skill with ranged weapons and magical trinkets to take on enemies from afar.
As for Relics, there’s 5 of them for you to choose from:
- Bane – Summons a cluster of spiders and casts forth volleys of deadly poison.
- Blood Drinker – Heals a player’s wounds while enemies bleed.
- Coldheart – Controls crowds by freezing, slowing, or knocking back immoderate threats.
- Electrode – Unleashes an unpredictable surge of electricity.
- Flaming Destroyer – Consistently burns enemies and sets things ablaze.
Finally, here’s a few screenshots:
Torchlight III (Switch) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Perfect World Entertainment PR
Here’s tons of pictures for Ys Origin (screenshots + pictures of the Special Edition in Japan):
Ys Origin (Switch) comes out on October 1st worldwide.
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
Microids have announced that Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty will be released on October 27th in Europe and North America. It’s now available for pre-order at retail, with digital pre-orders set to go live on October 13th.
Here’s the latest trailer for the game:
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (Switch) comes out on October 27th in Europe and North America.
Source: Microids PR
Kamen Rider memory of heroez
Here’s some more screenshots for Kamen Rider memory of heroez:
Kamen Rider memory of heroez (Switch) comes out on October 29th in Japan.
Badland Publishing have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Pecaminosa, a pixel-art noir Action-RPG developed by Cereal Games. It will be released in Q1 2021 in Europe and North America.
Here’s an old trailer and some details for the game:
During the first quarter of 2021, you will have the opportunity to put yourself in the shoes of former detective John Souza and solve all kinds of cases on the streets of Pecaminosa, a fictitious city between Mexico and the United States, where corruption and debauchery have taken permanent residence.
John Souza, a former cop and newly-appointed local drunk, has an unexpected visitor from the past. The ghost of Charlie “Two Angels”, a fallen mob boss, appears before Souza with a proposition: help him capture his former associates, so he can redeem himself, and be allowed unto Heaven. Hell, that sounds easy, right?… Maybe too easy… Will Souza set his bottle aside and take up the mantle of justice again? Or will he be just as damned as Charlie?
The player will be able to freely explore a typical city of the 1940’s with a stunning level of detail, which is particularly noticeable in the interior of the buildings, decorated with touches of vintage jazz inspired by film noir classics.
Along with being able to explore different playstyles with the LIFE System, everyone that gets to play Pecaminosa will also be able to customize the main protagonist with a significant variety of weapons and apparel, as well as enter casinos and play gamblingmini-games.
The people behind Cereal Games don’t hide their influences when creating Pecaminosa and describe their creation as a mix between Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and the imaginary of Orson Welles. The aim of their title is to provide a unique and impactful experience to the players. Pecaminosa leans on the perspective, mechanics, and objectives of the third Legend of Zelda game and adds the tension, drama and ambience of the film noir genre, like Citizen Kane and Touch of Evil.
Pecaminosa (Switch – eShop) comes out in Q1 2021 in Europe and North America.
Source: Badland Publishing PR
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath
The latest skin pack for Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath is now available. The All Hallow’s Eve Skin Packs includes the following skins:
- “Beast Within” Johnny Cage
- “Blizzard King” Sub-Zero
- “Bad Medicine” D’Vorah.
Here’s a trailer for that skin pack:
Source: Warner Bros. PR
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!