Today’s Daily news: latest set of details and pictures for Spacebase Startopia, but also…
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (My Nintendo, Japan)
- Nintendo Tokyo
- Tool Assisted Speedrun
Kalypso Media have shared some more details for Spacebase Startopia, along with the list of key features, and some pictures (screenshots + artworks):
A fresh take on a fan-favourite strategy title, Spacebase Startopia invites players to manage a donut-shaped space station populated by a diverse and hilarious cast of alien visitors. By looking after their needs, wants and environment across three distinctive ‘decks’, players will generate energy to expand their station and appease the ever-demanding station AI, VAL.
Spacebase Startopia is a galactic new take on a fan-favourite space base-management game set in…well, space! This vibrant and often absurd universe offers players an exciting blend of city building and base-management, with a flash of RTS skirmishes.
By breathing life back into a true classic, developer Realmforge Studios strikes a careful balance between nostalgia and innovation in its reimagining of the popular strategy game, which revolves around a donut-shaped space station filled to the brim with a colorful cast of aliens managed by their tireless commander (that’s you, human).
In Spacebase Startopia, players will carve out their own little space in the universe, ready to become a galactic utopia – if your management skills are up to the task. With three different game modes and a vast amount of management decisions to be made under the watchful eye of the VAL, the station’s sardonic AI, there’s plenty of in-depth gameplay waiting for new and seasoned players alike. But beware of invading Space Pirates, who will do their best to ruin your carefully laid plans!
Spacebase Startopia offers a constant stream of challenging and addictive objectives to be completed, served up with the distinctive humour and sharp writing that developer Realmforge Studios is known for. Just ask VAL if you don’t believe us! But, uh – ask nicely.
- Singleplayer campaign with 10 fully voiced single player missions
- Individually configurable sandbox mode
- Competitive and a cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Build 30+ rooms across three very different decks to offer everything that the visiting aliens could wish for
- Manage a melting pot of different alien races, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory – needs and desires
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit, while running sabotage missions against your competitors
Spacebase Startopia (Switch – eShop) comes out in 2021 in Europe and North America.
Source: Kalypso Media PR
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Here’s the latest video for Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
As part of the Hobonichi Mother Project, some EarthBound t-shirts will be available via the Hobonichi Store from June 12th in Japan (price: 4 950 Yen).
Here’s what they look like:
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (My Nintendo, Japan)
Nintendo have added several more physical rewards to My Nintendo in Japan, based on Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition:
- Smartphone Ring (500 Platinum Coins)
- Sticker Sets x3 (300 Platinum Coins)
- Die Cut Cloth (300 Platinum Coins)
Nintendo have announced that the Nintendo Tokyo store will re-open on June 1st. However, in order to avoid too many people showing up, fans will have to register on this website beforehand, with a limited amount of slots every day.
Source: Nintendo (Twitter)
Tool Assisted Speedrun
Here’s the latest Tool Assisted Speedrun video for Nintendo games:
- Donkey Kong 64 (Nintendo 64) by RingRush in 26:46.83