Today’s Daily news: The Sundew announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Kaze and the Wild Masks
- Akiba’s Trip: First Memory
- Gal*Gun Returns
- Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy
- Tool Assisted Speedruns
2054 have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: The Sundew, a dark cyberpunk, retro-styled adventure game. It will be released this Summer in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Set in the aftermath of a devastating future war, where the world as we know it was twisted by flames into a terrifying new dystopia, The Sundew follows a lonely beat cop who soon holds the fate of the world in her hands.
Inspired by classic point-and-click adventure games from LucasArts and Wadjet Eye Games, The Sundew pays homage to those with its gameplay mechanics, style, and storytelling. Beautifully drawn pixel-art, stunning minimalistic sound design, environments brimming with atmosphere and interactivity, and a compact, thrilling tale brings this dark future to life and grounds you in a vision of humanity’s progress that is both alien and strangely familiar…
You are Anna Isobe, a cybernetically enhanced cop in a world that’s left you behind. Once a shining hope for the future, cyborgs have become taboo, replaced by drones and automata that make even your heightened abilities obsolete. Stuck in a thankless job surrounded by indifferent eyes you still have a duty to protect and serve, and that’s just what you’re going to do.
- Guide Anna Isobe, a cyborg cop with a dark past, through the unravelling of a global conspiracy.
- Experience a diverse cast of characters, each with their own secrets and history.
- Explore Shibukawa and the remnants of the old world.
- Make decisions that will change the fate of humanity, for better or worse.
The Sundew (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
Source: 2054 PR
Kaze and the Wild Masks
Soedesco have announced that Kaze and the Wild Masks will be released on March 26th in Europe and North America.
Here’s some more details and the list of key features:
In Kaze and the Wild Masks, you journey through the Crystal Islands in 90’s classics platformer style. Play as Kaze and save your friend Hogo from a curse that spread chaos around the islands. Face enraged living vegetables by invoking the powers of the Wild Masks. Pounce ferociously like a tiger, soar through the sky like an eagle, sprint fiercely like a lizard and rule the sea like a shark.
PixelHive’s vision for the game is to seamlessly blend the classic characteristics of the 90’s platformer era with today’s gaming technology. They’ve created colorful visuals and music that perfectly captures the essence of 90s games, while modernizing it with higher resolutions, great details and the smoothness of today’s platformers. All the while, PixelHive brings plenty of versatility to the game with various environments, a charismatic character and story, and unique gameplay mechanics which keep the game fresh from stage to stage.
- Unleash the skills of the wild masks to get powers from the tiger, eagle, lizard and shark
- Uncover the secrets of the Crystal Islands in 30+ levels with over 50 bonus levels
- Relive your childhood memories of classic platformers with high quality frame by frame pixel art
- Pave your way through a satisfyingly smooth, but challenging platformer
- Refresh your ears with 25+ tracks inspired by the musical themes of the 16-bit era
Kaze and the Wild Masks (Switch) comes out on March 26th in Europe and North America.
Source: Soedesco PR
Akiba’s Trip: First Memory
Here’s the latest video for Akiba’s Trip: First Memory:
Akiba’s Trip: First Memory (Switch) comes out on May 20th in Japan.
Here’s the recording of the latest Inti Creates livestreams, showcasing Gal*Gun Returns (now available in Japan):
Gal*Gun Returns (Switch) comes out on February 12th in Europe and North America.
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy
Here’s the launch trailer for Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (now available in North America):
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (Switch) comes out on January 29th in Europe and North America.
Tool Assisted Speedruns
Here’s the latest Tool Assisted Speedrun videos for Nintendo platforms:
- Monopoly (NES) “4 CPUs” by FractalFusion in 01:07.67
- Disney’s Aladdin (SNES) by Jaysmad in 15:28.72