Today’s Daily news: Disjunction announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Gestalt: Steam & Cinder
- Battle Axe
- Murder by Numbers
Sold Out have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Disjunction, a Cyberpunk stealth-action RPG developed by Ape Tribe Games. It will be released this Summer in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features for the game:
Set in the dystopian underworld of a near-futuristic New York City, Disjunction is a single-player, cyberpunk, stealth-action RPG that follows the intertwined narratives of three characters as they unravel a mystery that will change the fate of their city. A classic RPG featuring hardcore stealth-action mechanics and a reactive story where your choices have real consequences, Disjunction gives players the freedom to take the gameplay approach that suits their playstyle: blasting through levels in brutal fast-paced combat, or sneaking around encounters to avoid confrontation.
- Challenging stealth-action gameplay that lets you play the way that suits your style, whether it’s sneaking through levels or attacking head-on.
- 30+ handcrafted non-linear levels.
- 3 playable characters, each with individual abilities, cybernetic upgrades and talents to customise your playstyle.
- A reactive story where the player’s choices have real consequences.
- Stylized pixel art environments and characters.
- Atmospheric musical score by composer Dan Farley.
Disjunction (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Sold Out PR
Gestalt: Steam & Cinder
Sold Out have announced another game for the Nintendo Switch: Gestalt: Steam & Cinder, a steampunk action/adventure game developed by Metarmophosis Games. It will be released later this year in Europe and North America.
Here’s some details and the list of key features:
Inspired by 16 and 32-bit classics, Gestalt: Steam & Cinder (previously titled Gestalt: Vanguard) fuses tight 2D platforming and exhilarating combat with an engrossing, twist-laden narrative in a stunningly handcrafted steampunk world. Join Aletheia and a vibrant cast of characters as they find themselves embroiled in a race to discover the secrets of the massive, steam-powered city of Canaan, the last bastion of mankind. Unravel centuries-old conspiracies, battle hosts of monstrous automata and thwart the twisted schemes of the city’s corrupt overseers, the Comitium, as you fight for mankind’s survival and discover the dark truth of the Steam City’s origin.
- Nuanced Combat System – Unleash Aletheia’s inner power, grow stronger, and engage in deep and varied combat, mastering a vast range of melee combos and ranged revolver attacks in uncompromising action.
- Riveting Narrative – Encounter a vibrant cast of characters and explore Canaan’s districts in an intertwining narrative filled with conspiracy-laden intrigue, NPCs, optional side quests, and choice-driven dialogue.
- Mesmerizing Art – Traverse a vast and stunningly handcrafted steampunk world, from the thriving city streets of Irkalla to the sprawling Scrap Sea, all embellished with spectacular animations and gorgeous backdrops.
- Grow Your Skills – Gain experience and craft new abilities to tap into the mysterious power dwelling within Aletheia as you discover new areas, smash through secret paths and take on the Steam City’s toughest enemies.
- Shape Your Fate – Make decisions that will shape the fates of Aletheia and other characters you’ll meet along your journey.
Gestalt: Steam & Cinder (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Sold Out PR
Numskull Games have announced that they will publish Battle Axe, a pixel-art arcade adventure game that was recently funded on Kickstarter (the campaign is still ongoing: click here to check it out!). They will release it on the Nintendo eShop and at retail.
Here’s a trailer and the list of key features for the game:
- Veteran team: developed by a highly experienced small team, including designer Henk Nieborg (Lionheart, Shantae: Risky’s Revenge, Contra 4, Xeno Crisis), composer Manami Matsumae (Mega Man, Final Fight, Shovel Knight), and programmer Mike Tucker (Super House of Dead Ninjas, Xeno Crisis)
- Pixel art fun – an adventure for pixel art enthusiasts, with gorgeously designed characters and environments to enjoy with every frame
- Hack n’ slash adventure – classic gameplay will feel familiar yet revitalised,thanks to new gameplay elements, improved controls, detailed pixel art & animations, and a superb soundtrack by legendary composer Manamii Matsumae
- Inspired by the classics – inspired by genre classics like Gauntlet and Golden Axe
- Solo or co-op – choose from three highly-detailed heroes to embark with on your quest, playing alone or with a friend in local co-op
Battle Axe (Switch) does not have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games has been updated!
Source: Numskull Games
Murder by Numbers
Starting today, Murder by Numbers is available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop in Europe and North America. The game costs 12.49€ / £11.99 / $14.99, with a 10% off pre-purchase discount until March 11th (11.24€ / £10.79).
Here’s some more screenshots:
Murder by Numbers (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 5th worldwide.