Today’s Daily news: Scarlet Deer Inn announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Coral Island
- Ova Magica
- In Celebration of Violence
- Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions
- Thief Simulator
Scarlet Deer Inn
Attu Games have announced their second games: Scarlet Deer Inn, a story-driven exploration platformer.
No release date yet, but here’s some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Scarlet Deer Inn is a delightful story-driven exploration game set in the Middle Ages about facing loss and anxieties, exploring strange places, and meeting unusual characters.
You play Elise, a shy farm girl that, after losing her parents, moves with relatives who run a reputable inn. You’ll take care of many activities around the inn, meet unusual travelers with their stories and explore the many sides of the busy town and its surroundings while dealing with your fears and inner demons in your sleep.
As long as you’ve got enough light, you’ll be fine.
- Explore a blend of a nice story-focused adventure game and an atmospheric exploration platformer set in medieval times
- Enjoy beautiful hand-drawn art and traditional animation
- Meet unusual characters and experience moving stories filled with unforgettable moments
- Spend time helping with many activities around the inn
- Discover secrets while exploring the Scarlet Deer Inn’s surroundings and the busy town nearby
Scarlet Deer Inn (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
The Kickstarter campaign for Coral Island is still going and has proved extremely successful so far with $882 764 pledged as of writing. Here’s where the campaign stands regarding Stretchgoals:
- $125 000: Mini Games. We’ll add a bunch of minigames throughout the island, so you’ll have more things to do. [reached]
- $175 000: Bug Catching. Bug catching will be added as a game mechanic. The good kind of bug! [reached]
- $200 000: Expanded Museum. The museum will now include an aquarium and indoor park to display your bugs! [reached]
- $250 000: NPC Seasonal Outfits. All NPC will have different outfits for Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Applies to both portraits and in-game models. [reached]
- $300 000: Console & Switch Port. All Backers will be able to choose between Steam, Consoles, or Switch key! [reached]
- $350 000: Merfolk Underwater Village. Expanding the underwater map. Explore and stumble upon Merfolk Village. Rediscover fairy tales! [reached]
- $400 000: Kids Grow Up. All kids, NPC and player’s, will age until the teenage years. Includes additional stories and relationship developments. [reached]
- $500 000: Mod Support. Mod compatibility! Help us figure out the type of mods Coral Island should support. [reached]
- $600 000: Multiplayer. Play with friends! We’ll hire two additional full time devs to implement co-op and up to 4 player online farms in Coral Island. [reached]
- $700 000: Beach & Festival Outfits. We will add bathing suits as Beach Outfits and 1 festival outfit to 20NPCs (all dateables are included) [reached]
- $750 000: M/S/B/C Now Dateable! Millie, Suki, Ben, and Charles join the dateable roster! [reached]
- $850 000: 4 New Characters Added. We make the two more lively by welcoming 4 new residents to Coral Island. Amount of dateable out of this batch TBD. [reached]
- $1 000 000: Merfolk Kingdom. The village becomes a Kingdom, and features a festival. We expand the Merfolk romance and questlines. You’ll meet 20 Merfolk, befriend 10, and may find love with 2 of them.
- $1 250 000: Island Hopping. Unlock a new biome to explore around Coral Island. Slowly build a ship and travel to different islands for even more stories!
Also, the latest Kickstarter update is now available: click here to check it out!
Coral Island (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
The latest Kickstarter update for Ova Magica is now live: click here to check it out, and learn more about one of the bachelors (Jasper)!
Ova Magica (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
In Celebration of Violence
eastasiasoft have announced that they will release In Celebration of Violence in Japan on February 25th. It’s now available for digital pre-purchase for 890 Yen (regular price from launch: 1 280 Yen). It requires 569MB of free space, and does offer an English language option.
Here’s a trailer and some screenshots:
In Celebration of Violence (Switch – eShop) comes out on February 25th in Japan.
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions
Have you played Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions? If yes, Bandai-Namco have a survey to fill out: click here to check it out!
Source: Bandai-Namco (Twitter)
Forever Entertainment have announced that Thief Simulator has now sold over 800 000 units on Nintendo Switch alone. As usual, no regional breakdown is provided.
Source: Forever Entertainment (Twitter)
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!