Today’s Daily news: Dry Drowning announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Spirit Arena
- Shakes on a Plane
- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
- Nintendo Switch
VLG Publishing have announced that they will release Dry Drowning in Europe and North America in Q1 2021. This version of the game will feature a completely overhauled English localisation, as well as various improvements to the UI.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features for the game:
Dry Drowning is a visual novel that takes a stark look at a near-future dominated by dark forces in positions of power. The game immerses players into the world of Mordred Foley – a troubled private detective with a genuinely shady past – and his mission to lift the lid on a serial killer taking out targets in a dystopian future. Weighed down by a dark history of his own, Foley’s world is one gripped by tyranny, where the hunger for power at the top results in society sinking to the absolute bottom.
The game differentiates itself from other visual novels with a script that doesn’t shy away from tackling themes such as racism, immigration, political extremism, and sexism and plays out in a multi-branching story made up of 150 different threads – a structure that places a heavy burden on every decision taken, and every line of dialogue uttered.
In a world where lying appears to be second nature to most, the ability to uncover the truth is worth its weight in gold. To aid Foley’s investigations, players have access to a unique ‘Living Nightmare’ system that highlights when a character is lying, helping to uncover a world where trusting anyone quickly becomes a dangerous game.
- Choices that really matter: More than 150 story branches and three completely different endings.
- Moral choices that impact character relationships and the game environment across a potential 20 hours of gameplay.
- Elaborate clue system for investigations: Learn about the city of Nova Polemos and its citizens through dialogue, evidence, items, and character biographies.
- Horror style interrogations: Use evidence to reconstruct cases, break people’s masks of deception, and uncover the truth with Dry Drowning’s “Living Nightmare” system.
- Explore flashbacks and past cases to solve new ones.
- Dynamic soundtrack with more than 40 dramatic and emotional tracks.
- A balanced mix of Western and Eastern visual arts, casting light on a grim futuristic setting where cyberpunk and retro elements harmoniously coexist.
Dry Drowning (Switch – eShop) comes out in Q1 2021 in Europe and North America.
Source: VLG Publishing PR
JanduSoft have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Spirit Arena, developed by Sweet Dreams Studio. It will be released on December 24th in Europe and North America, and will cost 5.99€/ $5.99.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Fight incoming waves of monsters with a friend! As two sorcerers try to summon and tame powerful monsters from a secret realm, their experiment fails and leads waves of demons into our world. Strengthening their will, they decide to face this great threat and defeat the calamities that are now running free! Gameplay Spirit Arena is playable in a solo mode or as a local two-player game. Each character can fire either physical spells (red) or spiritual spells (blue) that will only collide with matching enemy. Clean waves, collect items, and increase your power to defeat the boss of all four areas.
- Four worlds with four difficulty levels each
- 2-player local co-op
- 100+ items
- 9 playable characters
Spirit Arena (Switch – eShop) comes out on December 24th in Europe and North America.
Source: JanduSoft PR
All in! Games have announced that Ghostrunner is to get a free update on January 14th: it will add a new mode, Hardcore Mode.
Also, some paid DLC was announced: the Winter Pack. It costs 1.99€ / £1.69 / $1.99, and it includes the following: Cold Snap Katana and matching crimson Cold Blood Glove. It will be released on the same day as the free update.
Here’s a trailer:
Ghostrunner (Switch) comes out on January 28th in Japan.
Source: All in! Games PR
Shakes on a Plane
Here’s the launch trailer for Shakes on a Plane (now available in Europe and North America):
Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
Here’s the Accolades Trailer for Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead:
Here’s the latest commercial for the Nintendo Switch:
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!