Today’s Daily Briefs:
- Super Mario Bros. 3 speedrun @ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Shigeru Miyamoto interview
- Yo-kai Watch
- Zelda glasses
- Camp Miiverse
- Aikatsu! Stars: First Appeal
Super Mario Bros. 3 speedrun @ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
Here’s a recording of the Super Mario Bros. 3 speedrun @ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, which aired last Friday:
Shigeru Miyamoto interview
Yesterday, Game Informer published part of an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto. The famous creator was asked which Wii U game he thought was overlooked, and his answer is… Star Fox Zero!
Here’s what he had to say about that:
I think personally Star Fox is a really fun game if you sit down and play it. I think, for example, an elementary school kid who plays it without any preconceived notions, I think it would be really fun for them. I think it’s also really, really fun for siblings to play it together.
You can check out GameInformer’s article in full by clicking here!
Last week, USGamer published an interview Akihiro Hino about the Yo-kai Watch series. In this interview, he explains that he’s still expecting the series to be successful in the west (thanks to Yo-kai Watch 2), and more. Click here to check it out!
Looking for legendary glasses to put your favorite beverages? If yes, you’re inluck: Think Geek got you covered with this Zelda Pint Glass with glass art designs. It costs $9.99.
- Zelda Pint Glass
- Officially-licensed Nintendo merchandise
- Two stained glass art designs of Link from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker on either side of the glass
- Capacity: 16 oz.
- Materials: Glass
- Not dishwasher safe
Did you like Camp Miiverse? If yes, you’ll be glad to learn that it’s coming back next week, on July 14th. To prepare for this event, Tom from Nintendo would like players to answer the following questions:
- What team theme would work for this year? (like Team Mario vs. Team Link)
- What Wii U game, and its challenge do you think will be fun? (example: finish 1-1 in Super Mario Bros. with your fastest time)
- What Nintendo 3DS game and challenge do you think would be fun?
Click here for more details!
Today, Spike-Chunsoft confirmed that Terraria (on Wii U) would be released on September 15th in Japan. Here’s a trailer and the Japanese boxart:
Aikatsu! Stars: First Appeal
Here’s a commercial for Aikatsu! Stars: First Appeal, releasing on July 20th in Japan (on Nintendo 3DS, via the Nintendo eShop):