On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Curse of the Dead Gods on Nintendo Switch (originally released on February 23rd 2021 in Europe and North America, and March 4th 2021 in Japan)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Curse of the Dead Gods – Ver. ??? (Curse of the Dead Cells Update)
- Release date: April 14th 2021 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available. This update brings the following:
- adds a new curse (inspired by Dead Cells)
- the Curse of the Beheaded, will let players move faster while receiving more damage, with a visual twist emblematic of Dead Cells’ main character
- adds three new weapons (inspired by Dead Cells)
- the Sword of Conjunctivius
- the Broadsword of the Knight
- the Crossbow of the Condemned
- adds a new kind of Challenge Room (inspired by Dead Cells)
- features Dead Cells’ Cursed Chest: you’ll have to win its challenge to earn rare weapons for your run, including a cursed one.
- adds a new two-handed weapon style
- Bombs are the new two-handed weapon type, offering a whole lot of explosive power. There are seven Bomb weapons in all, joining seven new relics that serve to make things even crazier, as well as a new curse that brings a touch of mirror madness to your surroundings!
- adds new curses
- adds Assist Mode: lets you tweak a range of options to customize the difficulty to your liking.
- balance tweaks
- quality of life updates
- new features
- community-requested changes
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Focus Home Interactive PR
How to download updates for Curse of the Dead Gods for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Curse of the Dead Gods, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.