Brawlout (Party Fighting Game) headed to the Nintendo Switch in Late 2017
If you’re looking for a non-traditional fighting game on Nintendo Switch, Brawlout is definitely a game you should keep an eye on. It’s described as a party fighting game, mixing the precision of violent fighters with a gorgeous animated style.
One of the central aspects of Brawlout is its steamlined combat, that does not feature shield or blocking. The game is all about the agressive, fast-paced combat platform fighters are known for. Action is kept fast and fluid, with advanced techniques such as air dodging, wavedashes, directional influence on stun, ledge grabs, or Rage Bursts.
The game features several playable characters, and as is the case in any decent fighting game worth its salt, they all have their own unique fighting style. One can grapple opponents, while others can freeze them, dive kick their face, use projectiles, or whip them with a long range whip. Finally, there’s special attacks you can unleash once you’ve filled your Rage Meter.
Here’s the list of characters revealed so far:
- Chief Feathers
- Olaf Tyson
- King Apu
- Hyper Light Drifter
Brawlout also features some pretty robuts online features:
- A robust Ranked match system, complete with regional leaderboards
- 1v1 casual matches for low-stress competition
- 2-4 player private lobbies where players can practice or mess about to their heart’s content
- The Brawlout Network where players can check their fight stats, match history and replays
- Brawlout TV which allows for live spectating and watching of specific player replays
- Weekly competitive tournaments for those looking to prove their Brawlout skills
Here’s a trailer and some pictures for Brawlout:
Brawlout (Switch – eShop) will be released in late 2017 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Nintendo eShop