Yesterday, during a panel at the AnimeExpo, Inti Creates made two announcements regarding the Azure Striker Gunvolt series. First, they confirmed what we already knew thanks to Australian Classification Board: the Striker Pack (which includes both Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 + 2) will be released in English, at retail. Yacht Club Games, developers of Shovel Knight, are indeed the ones publishing this dual pack.
In North America, the Strike Pack will cost $29.99, as opposed to $14.99 for the stand-alone version of Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 on the Nintendo eShop. The release date is September 30th. Unfortunately, we don’t have anything regarding Europe, but we do know the Striker Pack will also be released there (thanks to the ACB rating).
Here’s a trailer for the Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack, which shows that Azure Striker Gunvolt features the Japanese voices from the Steam release (Inti Creates did confirm they were coming via a Software update for players who already own the digital version of the game).
During that same panel, Inti Creates announced that Azure Striker Gunvolt would get an OVA, by LandQ Studio’s. Here’s the staff working on it:
- Director/Continuity/Producer: Yoshinori Odaka
- Scenario: Shigeru Murakoshi
- Character Design/Animation Supervisor: Masakazu Sunagawa
- Action Director/Key Animator: Koudai Kawase
- Props/Mecha Design: Ryuta Nakahara
- Film Director: Polunt Sai
- Background Art Director: Keinichi Kurata
- Colour Design: Kanna Terawake
- Animation Inspector: Mikie Matuyama
- Background Art: Baku Production
- Film: LandQ Studio’s
- Production: LandQ Studio’s
Here’s a teaser trailer for the Azure Striker Gunvolt OVA (+ some artworks):
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (3DS eShop) is coming out on August 25th in Japan, September 30th in North America, and later this year in Europe. Our Upcoming Releases page will be updated momentarily!