First announced during the Japanese version of the latest Nintendo Direct, in February, ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS is the second Ace Angler to be released on Nintendo Switch. But unlike the first one, ACE ANGLER: Nintendo Switch Version, this one will get an official English release not just in Asia, but also in Europe and North America. It will launch on October 28th in those two regions, but exclusively via the Nintendo eShop.
Here’s the announcement trailer:
The game features various game modes, such as:
- Story Mode: challenges players to follow quests to clean the world’s oceans for a sustainable future
- Medal Pusher Games
- Party Mode: enjoy multiplayer games like Gator Panic and Goldfish Scooping
- online battles
The game can be played in Single Player, couch co-op, and online multiplayer. It features over 250 different types of fish.
Here’s some more details and the list of key features for the game:
The game challenges players to follow quests to clean the world’s oceans for a sustainable future in Story Mode, play aquatic-themed medal pusher games, enjoy multiplayer games like Gator Panic and Goldfish Scooping in Party Mode, and even wage online battles for the first time in the series.
ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS introduces players to Marine Medal Mania, an aquarium-themed amusement park where they can explore and experience exciting games among five distinct attractions. In the game, anglers compete to catch fish and earn medals they can use to spin for prizes. Players can also collect from more than 250 different types of fish to store in their personal aquarium. ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS features single-player, couch co-op, and online multiplayer in a variety of different game modes, from Arcade and Story to the unique and thrilling Shark Fever Medal Pusher Mode.
- Ace Angler +, The Fishing Medal Game – Experience ACE ANGLER’s arcade version at home with up to four players, all stages from the previous game, as well as newly added arcade stages and Nintendo Switch-exclusive stages.
- Story Mode: Legend of the Poisoned Seas – Players are challenged to travel across the globe and rescue the oceans from poison and garbage for future generations. By clearing time sensitives, players can advance the story, and learn fascinating facts about actual marine life.
- Online Ultimate Angler Competition – Engage in online fishing battles where up to four people can catch fish, collect stars for each victory earned, and aim to become the Ultimate Angler.
- Ace Angler Party – This mode features 12 marine-themed party games, along with other fishing competitions where players compete to catch the heaviest or most valuable fish.
- Medal Pusher Game: Shark Fever – The goal of this game is to catch a great white shark by knocking down five balls to trigger a Shark Battle to receive many Medals.
ACE ANGLER: FISHING SPIRITS (Switch) comes out on October 28th in Europe and North America. No release date for Japan yet, but the game is slated for a 2022 release in that country.
Source: Bandai-Namco PR