As weeks go by, more and more indie games are announced for the Nintendo Switch, including some pretty high profiles one. The latest one is none other than 2064: Read Only Memories, coming to the Nintendo Switch in Early 2018 as 2064: Read Only Memories Integral.
For those of you who never heard of this game before, 2064: Read Only Memories is a “cyberpunk adventure that will take you on a journey of puzzle-solving and exploring as you investigate the mysterious world and characters of Neo-San Francisco”.
It takes place in Neo-San Francisco, in 2064, and you get to play as a struggling journalist. One day, you’re interrupted by a ROM (Relationship and Organisational Manager) named Turing, the world’s first sapient machine. You then get to encounter a colourful cast of characters, and overcome various challenges. Your main goal: uncover the city’s secrets, hidden behind the overlapping futures of technology and humanity.
2064: Read Only Memories is inspired by classics such as Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father and Snatcher. It offers a retrofuturistic take on the point-and-click adventure genre, and features a “rich mature narrative” with unique gameplay challenges.
Here’s the main features:
- Dynamic narrative defined by player choices.
- Over 10 hours of dialogue, exploration, and gameplay challenges with multiple solutions, paths, and endings.
- Voice acting from a unique and diverse professional cast of talent, including Austin Creed (aka WWE Superstar Xavier Woods), Todd Bridges,
- Melissa Hutchinson, Jim Sterling, voices from Telltale’s “The Walking Dead”, and many more!.
- New and revamped puzzles, an even deeper story and new expressive animations for the lively citizens of Neo-SF.
- “Endless Christmas”, an extended epilogue giving you the opportunity to hang out with your favorite Neo-SF locals!
- Even more Hassy than ever before!
And 2064: Read Only Memories Integral on Nintendo Switch will feature the following:
- New Nintendo Switch exclusive features
- New voiced scenes
- Fast skip, auto-save, and other core game improvements
- Running on new “Turing Framework” for Unity
And here’s some screenshots + a trailer:
2064: Read Only Memories Integral (Switch – eShop) will be released in Early 2018 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!
Source: official Twitter account