In less than a month, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will finally be released, on both the Wii U and the Nintendo Switch. To prepare for this launch, Nintendo has partnered with Game Informer, which is dedicating the cover of its latest issue (March) to the game. And naturally, a Game Informer cover means month-long coverage from Game Informer, with exclusive details, interviews, footage, and more.
Here’s the cover of the magazine:
The Game Informer staff was able to play through the game at great lengths, more than anyone else outside Nintendo. They were able to do the following:
- play through a dungeon in its entirety
- explore the sprawling open world of Hyrule for hours
- discover Shrines
- appreciate the wildlife
- fight surprisingly powerful monsters (including the dungeon boss, Wind Blight Ganon, and a Guardian)
Game Informer will also have a pretty lengthy interview with Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto, and a lot more.
About the month-long coverage, you will be able to follow it via the usual hub page. The first update will come tomorrow, though it’s not clear what will be shown yet. The updates will cover the following topics:
- how The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild truly re-examines the Zelda formula
- plenty of details about the new dungeons
- what’s in store for the future of 2D Zelda games
- Eiji Aonuma’s favorite Zelda games
- and more…
Here’s a trailer for the online features:
While we wait for the first online feature, why not check out the latest translated interview with Eiji Aonuma? Click here!
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U, Switch) comes out on March 3rd, worldwide.