Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (Switch): Software updates (latest: Ver. 1.0.1)
In this post, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country (originally released on September 21st, 2018 in Europe, North America, and Japan).
Looking for updates for Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Check out this page instead!
NB: even though it’s included in the main game for Expansion Pass owners, it has a separate menu and a separate version number. All changes/fixes related to that expansion will be added to this current page, even if technically, changes will come as part of updates for the main game.
How to download updates for Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country manually, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press + or – to go to the Options screen. The version number is displayed just below the game title.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country – Ver. 1.0.1
- Release date: October 18th 2018 (North America) / October 19th 2018 (Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Issues Fixed in the Expansion Pass and Torna – The Golden Country
- Fixed an issue with the Affinity Chart, in which completing it did not cause Trust to become S rank, and the completion reward item was subsequently not earned.
- After downloading the update, checking the Affinity Chart again will cause Trust to increase to S rank and give the player the completion reward item.
- Fixed an issue with the third requirement to “Meet characters from the Community List” for receiving Jin’s Affinity Reward, “Mineralogy.” This issue prevented characters that had been met in event scenes or cut scenes to not be counted as “met” unless the player talked to them outside those scenes.
- This applied to the characters Popolo, Onyx, Kaleena, and Leo.
- After downloading the update, if you have already viewed the necessary event or cut scenes, these characters will automatically be counted as “met.”
- Added a help message to the quest “A Rare Sense of Justice” that will appear when conditions to advance the quest have not been met.
- Fixed an issue when performing a Chain Attack that temporarily prevented character selection after a “round” of attacks had been completed.
- Fixed an issue causing a character switch to take too long when selecting Brighid for a Chain Attack after she had used her Confining Flames ability.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Nintendo
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country – Ver. 1.0.0
- Release date: September 20th 2018 (North America) / September 21st 2018 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Additional notes: this is the launch version of the game.
- Source: Nintendo