On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for The Cruel King and the Great Hero on Nintendo Switch (originally released on June 24th 2021 in Japan, and early 2022 in Europe and North America)!
Click here for more Software updates!
The Cruel King and the Great Hero – Ver. 1.0.2
- Release date: July 20th 2021 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
This update fixes the following issues:
- Loading an autosave created right after using a fountain will render the game unplayable.
- After downloading the update, you will be able to load the autosave and keep playing.
- In Chapter 4 and some other battles, the game will crash if enemies use a specific item.
- Loading an auto-save created after clearing “Yu no Hitodasuke” will cause the clear rewards not to be awarded.
- After downloading the update, you will receive all the pieces of equipments and star shards.
- In 異文化交流４, if you fail or run away from monsters in battle, you will not get the item.
- After downloading the update, you will be able to try again.
- Digging holes in specific areas caused the game to become unplayable.
- Other bug fixes.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Nippon Ichi Software
How to download updates for The Cruel King and the Great Hero for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for The Cruel King and the Great Hero, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.